I want to add some themes to my 7105t and need to upgrade the OS ... Older Device Themes. forum

mikejp no está en línea Stack level 1

Updating OS help.

Advertisement

I want to add some themes to my 7105t and need to upgrade the OS first to 4.1. My phone is an unlocked 7105t but I use it on the Roger's network, so do I donwload the T-Mobile one or the Roger's one? Thanks in advance. This place is great for help. I tried to search but don't know if I used enough or the correct keywords to answer this question.
    Mike.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Updating OS help.

Mike, I believe you can load either OS. Personally, I'm not sure what the differences are between the Rogers and TMO OS's.

cheapbast no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by mikejp
    I want to add some themes to my 7105t and need to upgrade the OS first to 4.1. My phone is an unlocked 7105t but I use it on the Roger's network, so do I donwload the T-Mobile one or the Roger's one? Thanks in advance. This place is great for help. I tried to search but don't know if I used enough or the correct keywords to answer this question.
    Mike.
    Hi there... I'm doing the same thing that your doing....T-mobile 7100 on Rogers.... since were using it on Rogers, and Rogers is planning some network changes in early march, the best thing to do would be use the Rogers 4.1 OS, but you have to delete a file to make it compatable:

Quote Originally Posted by gwgaston

cheapbast no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by cheapbast
    Hi there... I'm doing the same thing that your doing....T-mobile 7100 on Rogers.... since were using it on Rogers, and Rogers is planning some network changes in early march, the best thing to do would be use the Rogers 4.1 OS, but you have to delete a file to make it compatable:

Continued >>> VERY IMPORTANT !!! make sure you find & delete the "vendor" file... I'm assuming that this file is what causes the propriatary errors when you use a different company's (Rogers) OS on a t-mobile phone.

I have done this on a T-mobile 7100t & 7290 and both worked perfectly!!!

Hope this helps!

mikejp no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help. I will give it a go and see what happens.

Mike.