I have a question about the icons when I'm using plazmic theme builder, how do ... Older Device Themes. forum

pmdavis187 no está en línea Stack level 1

theme building question

Advertisement

I have a question about the icons when I'm using plazmic theme builder, how do you make the icon's backgrounds transparent, so they blend in with the homescreen background? I have photoshop 7, so any advice would be great, thank you.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    In photoshop you can look to the right hand side and you should see a slider with the word opaque above it. I usually move the slider to 20, then the icon is slightly visible. Or you can move it to 0 and it will completly disappear.

Here I sent you a PM of what I'm trying to do, I can't post a pic because I need to be "level 2".

Thanks though for the fast reply.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Make sure when you start the Icon Development in photoshop, the Background layer is Transparent. If you use the File/New to start an image development, you have to have the "Background Contents" Set to Transparent. If you're customing existing Icons you may have to erase the Background around the image you want to keep. There are several methods for doing this and I'm not sure how they all work.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thank you for the advice guys, possibly an important fact that is left out is that GIF format is needed in order for the transparency to work, the mistake I made was using JPEG.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You can also use png format, it uses transparency also and eliminates the need for the PTB to do the conversion. Lets you control the conversion settings more.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles