Do you think Nextel/Sprint service will get better reception when they merge? Cause I know ... Older Device Themes. forum

Superiorcnt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4017F950

Question Service?

Advertisement

Do you think Nextel/Sprint service will get better reception when they merge? Cause I know that it's real hard to talk just in my room witout droppin a call, maybe cause I have some much things in ma room lol but let me know

peace

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Service?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ From what I hear everyone will be on the cdma(sprint) network so if you already have sprint it will be the same but I could be wrong :P

PIN/ID
    4017F950

Oh well I hope the coverage improve...cause currently the service I have is nextel but hopefully when they merge it will have a wide spread of service like cingular or verizon

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Yeah I am also am on Nextel and could use a little Network Boost maybe i should get one of those big satellite phones lol j/k

PIN/ID
    4017F950

lol lol u crazy dfc420 u gonna take it back to those big save by the bell phones

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    U won't really get a difference wen they finally "merge" with the current equipment you own. The reason being that nextel and sprint use two totally different cellular networks, imcompatible with each other.
    Maybe wen they start rolling out cdma based nextel phones, only then will u acheive the desired "boost" in service.

PIN/ID
    4017F950

can't wait for that to happen....in the next 10
    thousand years

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

Haha, that's funny. Acutally I I think it could happen by 2010

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

They will be merging on to the Sprint network, and the IDEN(Nextel) network will be sold to the government, from what I've heard. So you can check a Sprint map and tell the coverage, but that won't really help. Sprint has a map, that has the whole U.S. covered, which is not true. I don't know how that will work...

PIN/ID
    4017F950

ok now I have hope thanks for ya input

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

I'm on Nextel now and I'm dreading the network merger. My coverage is excellent and from what I hear, Sprint's coverage isn't as good in this area (Washington, DC / Baltimore). Guess it all depends on where you are.

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

17oobie is right. What i was aware of was that the gov. did own the band for nextel. Thats why lots of my street associates trashed there nextels. At least when i cant get thru on a call i just D/C the person. Everyone has nextel or those boost phones.

bigmatt no está en línea Stack level 3

well when they merge if you are useing a old nextel you will still be on a iden network. but if you have a nextel/sprint bb it may have better service i dont i use nextel and dont know about sprints service. my service is good. only a few bad spots where i live and at my house full service.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Sprint-Nextel accounced in a memo this month they will be releasing the first iDEN/CDMA phone in the next few months. It is called the ic502. It will work with the iDEN radio and the CDMA service. Nothing to do with BlackBerry but I thought I would throw that in. CDMA coverage is different from TDMA/iDEN in many ways, we dont have time to go over that, but most people say you receive less dropped calls on CDMA devices than on TDMA devices. If you ask me, its not true. I have had Nextel/TDMA/iDEN service for so long and never experienced more than a few dropped calls. I deal with numerous customers on a daily basis and the majority of them prefer Nextel to Sprint. Dropped calls on Sprint's network is the number 1 reason for that choice. Also, it depends on geographic location. I am in SW Florida, where Nextel may be the strongest, but other parts of the US Sprint may be stronger. Im happy with my iDEN phone, I hope CDMA/QChat will be worth it...

bruiser_04 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243FCD27

I agree with you cp6169, I much prefer Nextel to Sprint, I had a Sprint phone for a minute and could not get service in a downstairs apt. but always had good service on the nextel in the same place. PS how was the shrimp? LOL (Becky)
    Last edited by bruiser_04; 06-28-2006 at 10:18 PM.