I read somewhere on the forum that the 4.1 OS would allow for different contacts ... Older Device Themes. forum

Jo3f1sh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CB9855

Seperate contact ringtones for 4.1 users...

Advertisement

I read somewhere on the forum that the 4.1 OS would allow for different contacts to have their own ringtones. I at first made new contact exceptions in my profiles menu and that didn't work. I then made new profiles for the contacts that i wanted to have different ringtones for, put that in the "use profile" part of the exceptions and THAT didn't work...anyone have a walkthrough on how they did it...or can you not do this, period?...

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: Seperate contact ringtones for 4.1 users...

you can do it...go to address book, select the person you want to have a special tune, click the trackweel and select edit, then click the trackweel again and go to add custom phone tune. Hope that helps, it is step by step on my 7100g 4.1.0.292
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Use Oz's method (it's quicker) or...

You can go to Profiles, press the trackwheel and select 'New Exception'. Enter a name for the exception and one or more contacts for 'From'. Select the profile to use and the Custom ringtone for the exception/contact) Save and test. You can use multiple contacts for each exception e.g. coworkers).

Jo3f1sh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CB9855

Thanks OZ...works like a charm. Hydn...i tried that, but it didn't seem to work for some reason...

gangstapacmn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    changa

does anybody know how i can download real ringtones for the blackberry? if someone could help me out, gimme some kind of website, that would really help...thanks

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what blackberry do you have gangstapacmn? Not all blackberries play "real ringtones" if you have 7100i only play .midi