Hi--I'm fairly new to all this. My Verizon 7130e was dying and was replaced by ... Older Device Themes. forum

jgero001 no está en línea Stack level 1

Same theme but different font behavior on replacement phone

Advertisement

Hi--I'm fairly new to all this. My Verizon 7130e was dying and was replaced by Verizon. After restoring to the new phone, I reinstalled the same theme I had been using and liked a lot (Blue). However, the fonts on the theme behave differently--the Screen/Keyboard font setting no longer affects menus, message headers, etc. (the font is bigger now than on the previous phone, where it seems the setting controlled the font thoughout the phone). I don't really understand why the same theme would behave differently. The new phone does have a more recent version of the operating system--4.1.0.344

On a different note--based on the operating system version, should I be able to load the Zen theme? Based on version requirements, I should be able, but I don't seem to be able to load it.

Thanks in advance for any insight or help in modifying this you can provide.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Same theme but different font behavior on replacement phone

did you go into options>screen/keyboard and change the fonts to what you prefer? i notice on some themes, you have different fonts for one screen, but something completely different in another. sometimes it helps to change it in the options too.

jgero001 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Same theme but different font behavior on replacement phone

Thanks for the response, but that is where I'm already changing the font. However, for some reason, the font setting I set in Options>Screen/Keyboard>Fonts is not picked up in most of the applications. Prior to receiving the replacement phone (which has a newer version of the Blackberry software than the old phone), modifications to the font setting were picked up globally.