I have a friend that has a 7105t. Friend wanted ring tones so I found ... Older Device Themes. forum

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Need help with themes for 7105t

Advertisement

I have a friend that has a 7105t. Friend wanted ring tones so I found out how to make/send them from PS. AWESOME SITE, SO HELPFUL, THANKS A LOT! Now friend wants themes. I was hoping it was easy as the ring tones, but from what I am reading I don't it is. Is this something I will be able to do on my computer and send to friend via coolservice.dk? Or will friend have to download all the programs too? Is the software needed to make themes freeware? I know there is a thread describing the process but I'm a tad dim and it just didn't strike me as easy peasy.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Need help with themes for 7105t

Hi synik103,

Theme install guide can be read here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...4-post271.html

As for the themes? Try downloading a few already made themes from one of these Pinstack threads.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...downloads.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...30_themes.html

If it turns out he does not like one of the themes listed then you may want to consider making your own for him.

The theme builder software can be downloaded for free from www.plazmic.com .

Lastly you can find additional 7100 series themes here: http://www.mobile41.com/Themes.htm

hope this helps?
    Last edited by srl7741; 05-24-2007 at 06:42 PM.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

Thanks srl7741. I don't know how you do it. That reply came in record time. Okay let me get this straight.
    1. I can tell friend to go to the ota link you listed, and he can just peel 'em off onto his bb. Does he need to change the addy to wap to access it? (We had to do this when he was downloading the ringers I made.)

2. Am I correct that he needs to dl Plazmic_Theme_reader onto his bb and access it AFTER loading the theme file onto his bb?

3. The Plazmic Dev kit goes on my pc and is used to MAKE custom themes, and is freeware? Is this the same for the other programs listed as prerequisites?

4. Say the theme file is small enough to send through a site like coolservice, friend should be able to get the theme I make that way and open PTR once it's on his bb right?

5. Am I overthinking this or doing it the hard way???

THANKS A BILLION!

PIN/ID
    OICU812

As I'm loading Plazmic CDK4.1 it's asking for the location of BB JDE... now I know from reading the other threads that most of 'em need 4.1, so is that the version of JDE I should get? Keep in mind I plan on getting either a pearl or 8120 for myself soon and I'll probably want to make themes for those, so will 4.1 work there?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Since you have so many questions i tried to answer them in the order you asked in RED.

1. I can tell friend to go to the ota link you listed, and he can just peel 'em off onto his bb. Does he need to change the addy to wap to access it? (We had to do this when he was downloading the ringers I made.) That is addressed in the first link, use the internet browser NOT the wap

2. Am I correct that he needs to dl Plazmic_Theme_reader onto his bb and access it AFTER loading the theme file onto his bb? Yes, again in the first link install the theme file first and the theme_reader file second.

3. The Plazmic Dev kit goes on my pc and is used to MAKE custom themes, and is freeware? Is this the same for the other programs listed as prerequisites? Yes, Yes

4. Say the theme file is small enough to send through a site like coolservice, friend should be able to get the theme I make that way and open PTR once it's on his bb right? No, i don't think so? Actually i've never tired that before. You can export the finished themes in.alx file format and install using the desktop manager or export the finished theme files in .jad file format and install ota. If installing ota you will need a web site that supports that sort of service.

5. Am I overthinking this or doing it the hard way??? Not sure? which part? theme making or theme installs or installing the theme builder software?
    Last edited by srl7741; 05-24-2007 at 09:26 PM.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

Man, you have the patience of Job. Thanks SO MUCH for holding my hand through this. I am in the process of installing JDE etc. I will do a little trial and error to see if I can get the files transferred ota or not and post what I find out. Thanks again.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

i cant find nowhere to get ringtones on my 7105t

PIN/ID
    OICU812

Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l
    i cant find nowhere to get ringtones on my 7105t
    http://www.mobile41.com/bbringtones.htm

if i remember right the 71XX needs the .ADP filetype ringtone, just select "adp" and download away