just got a 7100t and i would like to load themes onto it which mostly ... Older Device Themes. forum

Bowale no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    202B23DD

Help! upgrading my handheld 7100t software

Advertisement

just got a 7100t and i would like to load themes onto it which mostly run on v4.1 of the desktop and handheld software. but i just cant upgrade it. HELP!!!!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Help! upgrading my handheld 7100t software

what part of the upgrade process are you having trouble with? download of the os? installing it?

silentone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Bowale
    just got a 7100t and i would like to load themes onto it which mostly run on v4.1 of the desktop and handheld software. but i just cant upgrade it. HELP!!!!
    Go here and download desktop manager 4.1 and also the handheld software for your device.

Bowale no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    202B23DD

i downloaded the software ok both the "handheld and the dektop" to the v4.1. installed on my notebook and followed the procedure therein but the version code in my phone still carrires the old 4.0.0..... nothing was upgraded!

mypdaphones no está en línea Stack level 1
    Desktop manager 4.2 is available in the blackberry website

GinoKyo no está en línea Stack level 1

hi

I have a question I have a 7100t and I have a 4.1 Desktop manager .

if I download and install the 4.2 desktop manager , can I transsfer the midi tones and pics to my device??

I
    GinoKyo

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

GinoKyo,

No, it is dependent on the OS, not just desktop manager. It only works with the Pearl, which has OS 4.2 also.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

silent1_22 no está en línea Stack level 1

Just wondering if you were able to do the upgrade to 4.1?

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to upgrade my device to 4.1 but with no success. I've installed 4.2 desktop, but it does try to upgrade the device when i plug it in. Then i tried installing 4.1 sp1 desktop and it does not upgrade the device either.

I checked the BB site for device software seperate from the desktop software but havn't found anything.

I have a 7100t.

When i load themes ota or through desktop manager they don't show up under themes. They show up under applications loaded, but that is all.

alinaB no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi i have BB 7100t and i was wondering if i can upgrade to 4.2 is it even possible? because now i hav 4.1

godxyon no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by silent1_22
    Just wondering if you were able to do the upgrade to 4.1?

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to upgrade my device to 4.1 but with no success. I've installed 4.2 desktop, but it does try to upgrade the device when i plug it in. Then i tried installing 4.1 sp1 desktop and it does not upgrade the device either.

I checked the BB site for device software seperate from the desktop software but havn't found anything.

I have a 7100t.

When i load themes ota or through desktop manager they don't show up under themes. They show up under applications loaded, but that is all.

Hi all

I am very new to all this, but have been trying to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 by following the instructions on 'how to upgrade your BB' instructions on pinstack for the 7100t. So that I can download some more themes. Frankly I am pulling my hair out (or what little I naturally have left) trying to piece it together!
    - Have downloaded 'multilingual V4.1 desktop' (all 120mb of it).......deleted the vendor.xml file as instructed, but when I run it nothing is upgraded ie still on 4.0 on BB. Oh yes great the DTM is now 4.1 but not the handheld OS ???? Am i missing somthing about this being a separate programme ? and if so where is it, as I can not find hide nor hair of one?
    - I have also read on the site that one could do a complete 'wipe' of all application on the BB (after a backup.........dont worry!) and hope it will do a clean install/update when I plug it back in? But this is a little scary to be honest.
    - Any and all help appreciated boys and girls as getting balder by the minute.
    thanxs

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by alinaB
    Hi i have BB 7100t and i was wondering if i can upgrade to 4.2 is it even possible? because now i hav 4.1
    I don't think so since, in the ALX files, 8100 is written several times.

Quote Originally Posted by godxyon
    Hi all

I am very new to all this, but have been trying to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 by following the instructions on 'how to upgrade your BB' instructions on pinstack for the 7100t. So that I can download some more themes. Frankly I am pulling my hair out (or what little I naturally have left) trying to piece it together!
    - Have downloaded 'multilingual V4.1 desktop' (all 120mb of it).......deleted the vendor.xml file as instructed, but when I run it nothing is upgraded ie still on 4.0 on BB. Oh yes great the DTM is now 4.1 but not the handheld OS ???? Am i missing somthing about this being a separate programme ? and if so where is it, as I can not find hide nor hair of one?
    - I have also read on the site that one could do a complete 'wipe' of all application on the BB (after a backup.........dont worry!) and hope it will do a clean install/update when I plug it back in? But this is a little scary to be honest.
    - Any and all help appreciated boys and girls as getting balder by the minute.
    thanxs

Alright ..so when it works it all seems so simple, I persisited refusing to loose the few hairs I had left. Heres what I found to my own questions:

- There ARE sepaterate 4.1V DM and BB programs to download. Yes for those who have done it or course there are. But for others it never actually says this in the 3 pinstack 'how to update your OS to 4.1V' strings I have read.
    - It is best to download your original phone carriers OS versions - I found a list searching on google. (I am not permitted to post it here though) but I searched under 'blackberry 4.1 os download 7100'
    [FONT=Arial](I used the T-mobile version with the dummy number provided. As I already had 4.1 Desktop manager, I just downloaded the handheld software OS 4.1)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]- Save it loocally to your hard drive.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]- Plug in your BB to the PC[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]- (Make sure your Desktop manager is closed) Now open the 'new handheld program' and let it install on your PC as per screen per instructions. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]- Close all. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]- Go to C/Program files/Common files/Research in Motion/Apploader. and delete the file called 'vendor.xml' (dont ask I just did what I was told by other on this site)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]- Start up your DM program[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]- Type in your passwords as usual[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]- AT LAST a splash screen appears which says new software 4.1 etc HOORAY it finally happaned ![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]- Follow instructions to allow it to backup/wipe/reinstall all your BB stuff...............it will do its think for about 20-30mins loading.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]- The 7100 froze here and I had to remove the battery to reboot and Restore the latest backup as all files were now blank[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]= 4.1OS ! Take some time adjusting your setting to how you liked them[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]- For some free themes search out 7100 threads and download some theme variations where directed. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]- Load themes in the usual way and it works at last......variety hooray....but oh dear the speed[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial].....................why is it all so ruddy difficult?[/FONT]

Sorry about the [Font/Arial] stuff above...............dont know what happaned there?

caribtrader no está en línea Stack level 1

Help, I have downloaded BB desktop 4.1 for my BB 7100t, however, I cant seem to find the handled software. What should i do?

v1v
    v1v no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Help!my handheld 7100t software

hi
    I have recently purchased a second hand BB 7100t.
    I just have the handset and the charger.
    Can anyone help me in finding the desktop manager for this instrument in particular and how I can install the various themes available and where?
    Also how can I reset the handset to the factory settings?
    regards
    viv