I just downloaded and installed the Brushed Metal List 7100 theme and I think its ... Older Device Themes. forum

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Brushed Metal - Hiding and moving applications?

Advertisement

I just downloaded and installed the Brushed Metal List 7100 theme and I think its way cool, but I do have a problem with it. It does not give me the option to hide some applications like I could in BB Insight Icon. For example, each of my associated email addresses shows up separately. When I select one and hold the Alt button and click the track wheel, I only get the option to move the application, not hide it. Is there anything I can do about that? Also, there are some applications I'd rather have on the main screen, like Tasks and Calendar, than under Applications, where they are now. Can that be changed? This is my first try at loading new themes or using anything other than the 2 that were perloaded on the 7100i, so I'm sorry I'd these are basic questions.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: Brushed Metal - Hiding and moving applications?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have brushed metal on my 8700g now. I just tried to hide the icons you are refering to and had no problem. I've also had no problem moving the icons around.
    Im wondering where you downloaded it from, and if maybe it is your model of Blackberry.

PIN/ID
    4010DD80

I downloaded it from here (Pinstack/themes/7100). Could be a 7100i issue I suppose. So you could hide those list members and move list members into and out of subcategories with no problem? Think it would make any difference if I uninstalled and reinstalled the theme?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Not sure what you mean by subcategorys. But I am able to move and hide them.
    Before you do anything try this link and see if maybe this works better for you. Its where I got my brushed metal. Its an OTA site.

http://www.millenniastudio.com/blackberry.html

Ther are other cool themes there as well for OTA download. Im assuming you already have Plazmic theme reader installed.
    Let me know how it turns out. And FYI. Don't install until you remove the old one.

PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Thanks, I'll give it a try from there!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cool! Post back here and let me know how it works out BBadBoy. If this doesn't work, I'll get you in touch with Pentace or Ozrial.

PIN/ID
    4010DD80

I'm afraid that didn't work either. Still the same problems. What I meant by subcategories is that right now Calendar appears on the main page but to see Tasks, I have to click Applications from the main page and Tasks appears on this secondary page, which I was calling a subcategory. I would like to either move Calendar to the Applications page or Tasks to the main page, but I don't see any way to do it. And I still can't hide those pesky email address boxes. I'd greatly appreciate any other suggestions you might have.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Hang on BBadBoy. Im gonna ask N8 to look this thread over and offer some input.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Im also gonna try and get ahold of Pentace.

PIN/ID
    4010DD80

No luck so far, huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I sent them a pm. Not sure whats going on. I do know you can do a search on Ozrial. He knows just about all there is about themes.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Sorry, I missed this somewhere...

My best guess is that it was something that was done by the creator of the theme that is keeping those from being hidden. I know that I have downloaded themes before that would not let me hide certain applications, yet would let me hide others. When I would load a different type of theme, I was able to hide the icons that the theme before wouldn't let me. Don't know if this is the correct answer or not, but just off the top of my head it would be my best educated guess.

PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Thanks. Guess I have to learn to live with it or find another theme. It just looks so cool with the 7100i since its mostly that metallic look anyway.