I am trying to figure out if this is a new Bell Mobility restriction. I ... Older Device Themes. forum

emte no está en línea Stack level 1

Bell 7130e 4.2.110 Will not load themes!

Advertisement

I am trying to figure out if this is a new Bell Mobility restriction.

I have gone through every different method I could find in the forums to install and enable any theme. I even tried combinations of 1, 2, 5 and 10 themes loaded via the Desktop Manager and a new OTA theme direct from cherrichiodo's site. They always say "No Preview Available".

BB Version: 4.2.110
    Desktop Manager: 4.3.0.17

The IT policy has been reset to the vanilla default so that should not be the issue.

****** Different Device Below *******
    I also have a 7130e Verizon BB that works perfectly and loads the themes without a problem. Another strange difference between the two devices is that I can unlock all the other vendor themes on the Verizon but it does not work on the Bell.

After searching and trying as many different ways to get themes to work I am wondering if it is a Bell Mobility Network issue and if anyone else using Bell has this problem.
    Or if you have any other ideas that I can try let me(everyone) know.

Thank you.

What is going on!!!???

Okay, lets see... any themes made for the 7130e or 7100 series I can not load, BUT!!!

I downloaded the 9Berry 8100 theme cherrichiodo posted about today and installed all three.

Out of the three, two give a preview and activate options. Since its for the 8100 navigation does not work, but I am wondering. cherrichiodo's themes were built for 4.2.1 and the 9berry are 4.2 ... does this mean that 4.2.1 and 4.1 themes will not work with a 4.2.110 OS? bug maybe?

Time to install the Plazmic SDK now that I know sometype of theme will load. Will provide more info as I find it... and hopefully a theme or two.
    Last edited by emte; 05-10-2008 at 01:30 AM.

Well ...

It seems that the Plazmic CDK 4.2.2 doesnt like the Bell 4.2.110 OS but CDK 4.2 works just fine.

Hoping this weekend to get a basic theme out... depends how long it takes me to build icons.

avisponrock no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by emte View Post
    I am trying to figure out if this is a new Bell Mobility restriction.

I have gone through every different method I could find in the forums to install and enable any theme. I even tried combinations of 1, 2, 5 and 10 themes loaded via the Desktop Manager and a new OTA theme direct from cherrichiodo's site. They always say "No Preview Available".

BB Version: 4.2.110
    Desktop Manager: 4.3.0.17

The IT policy has been reset to the vanilla default so that should not be the issue.

I have the same problem with a BB 7130g with OS 4.2.110 from Claro chile.

Any solution to fix this bug?