Does anyone know the best place to look for available themes for 72xx series blackberry??? ... Older Device Themes. forum

suprab77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Question 72xx Themes needed

Advertisement

Does anyone know the best place to look for available themes for 72xx series blackberry???

besides default theme, so far I have only two themes: smoothie and pixelistic.

Thanks,
    -- Suprab77

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    There's some here at this link....they will be free:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com....html?catid=10

I checked a few of the sites like Bplay and Handango but they don't carry them for the 72xx series anymore...hope you find something you like......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    thanks! I didn't see that section...tried out a few and works on 7290 device.
    -- Suprab77

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    There's some here at this link....they will be free:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com....html?catid=10

I checked a few of the sites like Bplay and Handango but they don't carry them for the 72xx series anymore...hope you find something you like......
    I am using "lightwaves" theme on BB7290. I have tried some other themes and they caused unexception errors.

Does anyone know if "Today" or "Zen" themes would work on a 7290 device?? How is that different from BB 8700c that uses these themes?
    What OS other than 4.1.0.377 is required to display "Today" or "Zen" themes??

Thanks, Suprab77
    -- Suprab77

jomaco no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't think they ever made anything but Icon and List for the 72xx. Probably cause it has less memory than the newer devices.

Does anyone know if "Today" or "Zen" themes would work on a 7290 device??
    No. Zen and Today are for 64mb+ handhelds - the only exception I remember is that Ozrial had a 32mb "zen" theme for the 7100 series (unless my memory is completely failing me), I think it's in the download area, but it didn't have the same look/feel as Zen on, for example, the pearl or the 8700. The 7290 is really the "last" of BlackBerry's business-only handhelds, intended for email/PIM uses more than multimedia and themes. After that their marketing department took over the company (I guess) and picture/sounds became as important as Push and Calendars. I'm thinking that if you want to use alot of themes, etc., it's best to go to a more modern Berry. The 7100 series was introduced at the same time as the 7290 (which I think was 2nd quarter 2004) and is quite a bit more advanced multimedia-wise; clearer, crisper screen - polyphonic ringtones. Also, the 8700 is a great option, 64mb and runs both Today and Zen easily. Both the 7100 series devices and the 8700 run on Ebay for about the same $ as the 7290, so maybe a trade-up is what you're really looking for - -

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    What is the current model series has the look and feel of the 7290 qwerty keyboard and screen size?

I felt that the 8700c was kind of squashed keyboard setup sometimes difficult to type when you have large or long fingers!
    -- Suprab77

Quote Originally Posted by suprab77 View Post
    What is the current model series has the look and feel of the 7290 qwerty keyboard and screen size?
    Nothing can match the QWERTY because the keys are nicely spread out. If memory serves, I thought the 8700 screen is not much smaller than the 7290-but it's much more pleasing. What I wish is that they put out a retro-looking Berry, identical in appearance to the 72xx and the 63xx devices, with their keyboard, but with the screen resolution, memory, processor speed and camera of the new Berrys.