Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey guys new here so please bare with me, my friend was trying to install ... Older Device Themes. forum

djxcel no está en línea Stack level 1

7100I Nextel HELP!!! Themes

Advertisement

Hey guys new here so please bare with me, my friend was trying to install some themes on my phone and loaded the "orange" theme on my BB.. It's the only one on there and i can't get it off. I can download new themes but I can't find the original/default themes that came with my BB 7100i. Please if anyone has them please send them my way. I'm desperate!!! I have searched far and wide....please help. I hate this theme!!!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 7100I Nextel HELP!!! Themes

welcome to pinstack.com

you can find the original theme here select default when installing via desktop manager: http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...ghlight=themes

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    welcome to pinstack.com

you can find the original theme here select default when installing via desktop manager: http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...ghlight=themes

Thanks forthe reply but it didn't work. I went to the link above and downloaded the themes zip, opened it, used desktop manager to load it and now I have a black&white theme that is worse! Please anyone help, Can I do a master reboot? Can someone email me the themes? What can I do? PLEASE help.

PIN/ID
    ask

blackandwhite i've seen that before. Means you have no default theme selected. If you followed the instructions after you reboot the device it will be black&white until you go back to options / themes and select the default theme.

hope that works. i know it can be frustrating.

blackandwhite i've seen that before. Means you have no default theme selected. If you followed the instructions after you reboot the device it will be black&white until you go back to options / themes and select the default theme.

hope that works. i know it can be frustrating.

Didn't work , the same Black & white them is stuck there. I'm screwed!!! Thanks for your help, if anyone else has any ideas ? Please help.:?:

PIN/ID
    ask

when you go to options / themes / what theme is set to default?

when you go to options / themes / what theme is set to default?
    Ok now when I go to options / themes I have:
    Default (list)
    BB Insight-icon
    Deafult (large Icon)
    O2
    T-Mobile

Right now the "Default (large Icon) is working and I can see my messages again. But I would really like the theme that came with the phone (the original list/large icon)

WhenI try to use Default, Default (list), BB Insight-Icon, O2 & T-Moblie
    I get this error messge:

"Uncaught exception:javalang.illegalArgumentException" and then it asks me to click ok.. any ideas? anyone?

PIN/ID
    ask

Good work. ok yes Default (list) is the one needed. If you get that error then you should probably try a hard reset ( On a BlackBerry 7100 model, you can perform a reset by pressing Alt-RightShift-Backspace, or in this case best by removing and re-inserting it). If that dosn't work then do a handheld wipe and restore the Java OS from scratch via the desktop manager.

Let me know if you need any instructions on doing this. A lot can be found here:

http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfaq

Glad you're getting closer. Thing like this can really be a pain when it was just working find a moment ago. I'm sure you'll get it right in a bit

do a handheld wipe and restore the Java OS from scratch via the desktop manager.

Let me know if you need any instructions on doing this. A lot can be found here:

Can you walk me through this?

Gina no está en línea Stack level 4

Reinstallation of OS.

1. Download the version of OS from your Carrier you want to install from your carrier's website (use the OS that came with your CD Should be already installed on your PC).
    2. Extract or install the files from the previous step. They will automatically install into the correct location. This location will be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files. Under this directory you will see directories with the model number of your device (if you installed the correct files) followed by a version number. Under these directories will be a host of .alx and .cod files. Do not modify or delete these files. They are needed to install the new OS.
    3. Assume the BlackBerry Handheld Manager is installed, when you plug your device in, a popup will appear and ask if you want to upgrade your device. Choose upgrade and follow the steps given by the Application Loader. If you have any 3rd party applications you would like to keep, locate and select them at this time to avoid having to reload them after the new OS is installed.
    4. This will also be the time the apploader will ask if you want to erase all data and reload or backup and restore the data on your device. Choose your preference and continue.
    5. Typically a complete OS reload with backup and restore can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes depending on the amount of data on your device to restore.
    6. The apploader will inform you when the process is complete. After this, the device will automatically reset itself (sometime this will take longer than a normal reboot) and once completed and on, your device will be upgraded and ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by khyle
    Reinstallation of OS.

1. Download the version of OS from your Carrier you want to install from your carrier's website (use the OS that came with your CD Should be already installed on your PC).
    2. Extract or install the files from the previous step. They will automatically install into the correct location. This location will be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files. Under this directory you will see directories with the model number of your device (if you installed the correct files) followed by a version number. Under these directories will be a host of .alx and .cod files. Do not modify or delete these files. They are needed to install the new OS.
    3. Assume the BlackBerry Handheld Manager is installed, when you plug your device in, a popup will appear and ask if you want to upgrade your device. Choose upgrade and follow the steps given by the Application Loader. If you have any 3rd party applications you would like to keep, locate and select them at this time to avoid having to reload them after the new OS is installed.
    4. This will also be the time the apploader will ask if you want to erase all data and reload or backup and restore the data on your device. Choose your preference and continue.
    5. Typically a complete OS reload with backup and restore can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes depending on the amount of data on your device to restore.
    6. The apploader will inform you when the process is complete. After this, the device will automatically reset itself (sometime this will take longer than a normal reboot) and once completed and on, your device will be upgraded and ready to go.

Ok here I go, wish me luck....I'll post as soon as this is done.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

LUCK!, I'll keep my fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    LUCK!, I'll keep my fingers crossed

IT WORKED!!!!! YESSSSS!!!!

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Cool, congrats.

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Great job everyone!~

Welcome to pinstack.com djxcel!~ We're always here to help!~
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast