Page 1 of 15 123456 ... LastLast

Updated The Zen theme has made it to 7100 territory!!! Thanks a ton Jibi and ... Older Device Themes. forum

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

7100 Zen Theme !!!!!!!

Advertisement

Updated

The Zen theme has made it to 7100 territory!!!
    Thanks a ton Jibi and oxbrother for making it happen!!

BE FOREWARNED: This is not a theme that installs like the ones created on Plazmic Theme Builder. This is more like a default carriers theme. Backup your device beforehand!!!

Step 1. This will not work on all BB's with just any OS. Not even all versions of 4.1 OS will work either. You must have OS 4.1.0.292 or higher!! If you do not, start here and download the Hong Kong CSL 4.1.0.300 OS. Install on your PC (where it wants to go - not to a different location within your file system) but don't bother updating the handheld just yet. Do a search for and delete vendor.xml.

Step 2. Download the Zen cod file and an updated blackberry alx file here. You will get a zip with two other zips inside of it. One will contain the alx and of course the other will have the cod file inside of it.

Step 3. Extract the files to the locations listed below.
    - Extract BlackBerry.alx to installation path:
    Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\7100-v4.1.0.292_P1.8.0.143
    - Extract net_rim_theme_bb_dimension_zen_240x260.cod from the ZIP file to the Java directory under the installation path:
    Java Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\7100-v4.1.0.292_P1.8.0.143\Java

Step 4. Open the desktop manager and it should automatically prompt you to update the core applications on the phone. If for some reason it does not, dont worry, just open the application loader and if previous steps were followed 100% - it will be there.

Pre-emptive answers to common questions.
    • At this time there is no way to modify the icons within the theme itself.
    • This theme cannot be loaded into Plazmic and then "played with"
    • Yes it does serparate the SMS and E-Mail messages (man, that rocks!!)
    • No this upgrade/install will not prevent your handheld from using Plazmic Themes
    • Yes it does include other themes also such as Dimension Icon, Bell, Rogers, O2 list/icon, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Vodafone.
    • This will not work with an OS older than 4.1.0.292
    I truly hope everyone loves it as much as I do! Happy Theme-ing!!!

__________________________________________________ ______
    Last edited by cp6169; 11-15-2006 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Update: over the air link
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 7100 Zen Theme !!!!!!!

Cool thread... but when updateing preloaded theames like this it is jsut much easier to open the BlackBerry.alx file in a Notepad or some other text editing program and changeing all the theme vendor codes to your companies... like t-mobile=100 cingular =102

Question since you haev it installe... since there is no programmable button how to you access the profile? does it designate a key over there?

PIN/ID
    Ask

The very last icon (with the BB logo) opens a dialog window with all the icons listed top to bottom including the profile. Once selected the profile window opens with all of the different icons to choose from for each profile. The one you see in the screenshot on the bottom left is more of a "display" icon rather than an active icon I assume. I wondered that myself untill I tried it.
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

HAHA cool

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Having a little trouble with Step 3. Can I just put these files on my desktop and install them that way or will that not work?

PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Having a little trouble with Step 3. Can I just put these files on my desktop and install them that way or will that not work?
    I am not sure honestly, I never tried that. They need to go into those folders in your 4.1 software (where ever that is) on your pc so that when the phone is connected it will realise the difference and prompt you to update. If you installed it where it wants to go like in step 1, then that is the correct path. I hope that makes sense!!!

I already have 4.1.0.292 and I figured out where the folders are.

Still having problems. I just sent u an invite to help me via BB Messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by ozrial

Step 3.
    - Extract net_rim_theme_bb_dimension_zen_240x260.cod from the ZIP file to the Java directory under the installation path:
    Java Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\7100-v4.1.0.292_P1.8.0.143\Java
    I don't see this file even after extracting it. I got the other file fine but this one is the hard one.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Thanks, this is a really nice them! Loving it!

bullonwall no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3009b7d4

Any possible way that this can work for a 7250? Can I update the software to .300?

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Quote Originally Posted by bullonwall
    Any possible way that this can work for a 7250? Can I update the software to .300?
    No. This theme is only available for the 8700, with the correct OS, and the 7100, also with the correct OS. They will more then likely not make this, or the next generation of themes, for any earlier devices. Its not only a space issue (32meg devices are pretty much pushed to the max now), but a processor issue as well to run enhanced themes.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

So this will or will not work with the 8700?

I had to downgrade from the 4.1 version Desktop Manager because I couldn't use Desktop Manager. It would give me a message that I had to downgrade in order to even be able to load/delete software. I want it back. Anyway to make this work or will T-Mobile ever come out with 4.1 on their site for the 7100?

Page 1 of 15 123456 ... LastLast