This maybe a really silly comment, but I really liked the look of the old ... 87xx Themes forum

excelgeek no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Who hates the new BB home page look?!

Advertisement

This maybe a really silly comment, but I really liked the look of the old blackberry themes which came with my cingular 8700c (now AT&T - boo!). Particularly, the theme called "BB dimension icon".

After upgrading to the new 4.2 OS, I realize that I don't like the new home page. My first beef is that the header (the space showing time, battery, unread emails, etc.) appears to take up more space than the original home page. Second, the trademark blackberry "wings" which are the battery and reception indicators have now morphed into a lame small, yellow battery symbol and the reception shows the boring reception bars that every other cell phone has. Third, the new AT&T logo takes up more space. Yuck! The clock has now been moved to the left in big arial fonts. IS IT ME OR DOES THIS FEEL VERY CLUTTERED? In addition, I think you actually lose some space in the email / messages area. Man, is this supposed to be progress? Boo AT&T. I assumed other people might feel the same way, but I guess not.

I want the old Cingular look back! However, after searching on numerous sites, it appears that the new OS doesn't allow you to have the old look. I guess I am super old fashioned, even though I 'm only 30.

I am seriously bummed!

Unless I learn to code (keeping the OS, but changing the look of the new home page), I am stuck in this ugly, new world.

keywords: missing wings, old theme, battery indicator, hate new look, BB dimension icon,

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Who hates the new BB home page look?!

lol ^^ too funny excelgeek (i can't stand those darn wings )
    welcome to the stacks!!

try here for a few icon custom themes made for the 4.2.1 OS
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_4_2_1_a.html
    i know they aren't exactly what you are looking for, but they do give you a bit more variety

plazmic does offer those as meters in their catalog...maybe i'll make a few themes with those for the die hard bb addicts like you who love the wings

www.plazmic.com -- if you get the energy to make your own themes

excelgeek no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Who hates the new BB home page look?!

Cherrichiodo,

Put me down for $10 bucks if you design one!

- Excelgeek