Can a wav file be used as a ringtone...if so, how?... 87xx Themes forum

willem no está en línea Stack level 1

wav files as ringtone on 8700

Advertisement

Can a wav file be used as a ringtone...if so, how?

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: wav files as ringtone on 8700

The wav file would need to be converted to mp3 to be able to play on the 8700.

willem no está en línea Stack level 1

I converted them to mp3, but can't figure out how to upload them to my bb?

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

There's two other threads stating that they are able to play wav files on their 8700 devices with the latest os for the 8700. One of the users such as msbrenda or rcbjr might be able to tell you how to upload them.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You must upload the ringtones to a web hosting service such as coolservice and download them using the BB Internet Browser on your 8700. Find
    Links to Coolservice here.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I can confirm the 8703e will not play wav files. But there is no need when you can just use mp3.

As for getting ringers to your BB, you have to check out www.box.net. Its amazing.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks for the confirmation on that cp. I hope I can remember that for future reference, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

doublea no está en línea Stack level 1

I've seen a few posts about WAV files as attachments and this should do the trick.

Using AudioPop from Virtualviews.com, I am able to listen to my work voicemails which come as WAV file attachments to my email on my BB 8700C (Cingular) via my work POP3 account (not using the BES).

If you configure it right, the software does what it says and I don't know about others but solves a MAJOR headache for me.

Suggestions after some trial & error on my part,

1. Read the PDF file that comes w/ the download and follow setup instructions carefully if you want it to work

2. After you install it (I downloaded directly to my BB, took a few minutes), you have to tell AudioPop which email account the WAV files come in on including telling AudioPop your POP server name and password. This is done via the options->audiopop. Have your pop3 account info handy.

3. IMPORTANT STEP: you have to set the right TCP settings (options->advanced settings->TCP then enter server info and pw from the faq link) on your BB for your particular wireless carrier.

(my TCP settings were blank so I entered in Cingular USA's info which is available on the FAQ link below.. Other carrier APN info are also listed.

4. The APN settings and password are CASE SENSITIVE - so type the server name and password in uppercase.

5. You can only listen to emails with WAV file attachments AFTER you've installed Audiopop correctly. I have not been able to and don't think the software supports listening to old messages that have WAV file attachments. Only messages received AFTER installing AudioPop.

6. You have to leave your email messages on your mail server until you download the WAV file to your BB client. I changed my Outlook to delete messages after 10 days figuring I only need a day max to download my WAV file. I'm going to see if this step is necessary but as of right now that's what I'm doing.

Once its up and running, a message comes in as a WAV file, you click the attachment like any other, choose 'audiopop' which is the default, it downloads the WAV file, prompts you to play and that's it.

I have not tested it w/ MP3 but it supports 3 formats depending on your carrier. For me WAV is all I need.

Download software: I can't post URLs on there so its on virtualviews or handango under 'audiopop'.

FAQ link which you'll need for TCP & carrier settings, (IMPORTANT!!) are on the virtualviews website on the left side 'faq->blackberry'.

Cheers,
    Abrar

emily no está en línea Stack level 1

Arrow Re: wav files as ringtone on 8700

I think mp3 to ringtone gold can help you , you can download it at oursdownload.com ,I have tried it , it is wonderful .