just a brief question about creating wallpapers from jpgs; no problem getting them resized (320 ... 87xx Themes forum

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

wallpaper question...

Advertisement

just a brief question about creating wallpapers from jpgs; no problem getting them resized (320 x 240) or getting them onto the bb and actually using as a wallpaper/bg.

The problem is that most appear slightly pixelated (I think posterized is the correct word) when viewed up close.

Now this is not a major thing, granted, especially when used as the bg screen with the icons over it etc. And I am using hi rez files--even up to 300ppi. Still get the very small pixelation at the edges and for a perfectionist like me, not good.

One thing I noticed is that the stock pictures that came with the bb are in the 30-50 KB size range. Even my highest rez shots (300ppi) shots are only 10-12 KB.

Should I change the ratios to 640 x 480 (double) instead or use 400ppi (don't see why that would matter but whatever works)?

Thanks, J.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: wallpaper question...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try a higher resolution also check if the stock BB photos are jpg the could be another type. Also try NOT resizing. I recently copied a few 1024x768 photos over full sizw and noticed no pixelation. Good luck

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I am not going to be much help here. Anyone else?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i'll try using the original files- they come out of the camera huge but one of my slrs shoots at 72 ppi which I then manipulate. A follow up question iguess is what is the highest rez the bb screen can read? ie computer screen =72 ppi.

I'm a semi pro photog and I want to make wp/bg from local shots,colleges, etc.

Thanks!

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just email yourself the originals. I took a bunch of backgrounds from some websites. Just sent them over a saved the attachment in you pics proggie

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah make them 2x as big and email them or put them on a web page then go to it and save it to fit the screen