Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

how am i supposed to do this? C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files00-v4.1.0.286_P2.0.0.123... 87xx Themes forum

skinnie no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Vodafone and Dimension Today Themes (8700 ONLY) - Download & Installation Information

Advertisement

how am i supposed to do this?
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.286_P2.0.0.123

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

Re: Vodafone and Dimension Today Themes (8700 ONLY) - Download & Installation Information

Thanks for the download link soulskater! Downloaded and installed with no problems. Nice theme!

rsr1969 no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anyone have a link to the Vodafone Today Theme that will work on the 8700c?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by skinnie
    how am i supposed to do this?
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.286_P2.0.0.123
    What do you mean?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

rwcgolfer no está en línea Stack level 1

[quote=jibi]Overview:
    This is the long-awaited Vodafone and Today themes for 8700 devices.

Important Note:
    These themes are supported on the versions of the 8700 OS versions 4.1.0.371/4.1.0.309 (package/application version; currently only available from Telstra and StarHub) and above. These are NOT supported on versions prior to that.

Instructions:
    * Note: If you already have the Telstra OS loaded and used my BlackBerry.alx file available in Step 2, then you can skip on to Step 4.

1 - Be sure that you have the Telstra 4.1.0.371 OS installed on your PC and your handheld.
    2 - Download BlackBerry.alx file for Telstra 4.1 (version .371): Click Here
    3 - Extract BlackBerry.alx to installation path:
    Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.309_P2.0.0.133
    4 - Download the Today themes ZIP file from: Click Here
    5 - Extract net_rim_theme_bb_dimension_today_320x240.cod and net_rim_theme_120_today_320x240.cod from the ZIP file to the Java directory under the installation path:
    Java Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.309_P2.0.0.133\Java
    6 - Open Desktop Manager and it should now prompt you to update the Core Applications.

Alternate Instructions (Java Loader):
    1 - Download the Today themes ZIP file to your Desktop: Click Here
    2 - Extract net_rim_theme_bb_dimension_today_320x240.cod and net_rim_theme_120_today_320x240.cod to your Desktop.
    3 - Download and unzip JavaLoader.exe to your Desktop from the attached JavaLoader.zip
    4 - Click on Start then Run and type CMD and click OK
    5 - This should bring up a command-prompt at C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\
    6 - Type the following:

cd Desktop <enter> (don't type <enter> - just push it)
    JavaLoader.exe -u load net_rim_theme_bb_dimension_today_320x240.cod <enter>
    JavaLoader.exe -u load net_rim_theme_120_today_320x240.cod <enter>

* Note: Here is an example of the DOS/command-prompt:

C:\Documents and Settings\username>cd desktop

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop>

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop>JavaLoader.exe -u load net_rim_theme_bb_dimension_today_320x240.cod

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop>JavaLoader.exe -u load net_rim_theme_120_today_320x240.cod

Over-The-Air:
    BB Dimension-Today: Click Here
    Vodafone Today: Click Here

Note: These links have been tested by users at BBF (but not myself).

Since the Vodafone Today theme is linked to the Vodafone theme itself, I will also include that particular download. This may have been the root to some of the bugs I found present in the earlier versions of the theme that I had.

Instructions:
    1 - After completing the above steps, go to the installation directory and rename net_rim_theme_120_320x240.cod to net_rim_theme_120_320x240.old:
    Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.309_P2.0.0.133
    2 - Download the Vodafone theme file from: Click Here
    3 - Extract net_rim_theme_120_320x240.cod from the ZIP file to the Java directory under the installation path:
    Java Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.309_P2.0.0.133\Java
    4 - Open Desktop Manager and it should now prompt you to update the Core Applications.

Alternate Instructions (Java Loader):
    1 - Download the Vodafone theme file to your Desktop: Click Here
    2 - Extract net_rim_theme_120_320x240.cod to your Desktop.
    3 - Download and unzip JavaLoader.exe to your Desktop from the attached JavaLoader.zip
    4 - Click on Start then Run and type CMD and click OK
    5 - This should bring up a command-prompt at C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\
    6 - Type the following:

cd Desktop <enter> (don't type <enter> - just push it)
    JavaLoader.exe -u load net_rim_theme_120_320x240.cod <enter>

* Note: Here is an example of the DOS/command-prompt:

C:\Documents and Settings\username>cd desktop

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop>

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop>JavaLoader.exe -u load net_rim_theme_120_320x240.cod

Over-The-Air:
    Vodafone: Click Here[/quote

I followed the above instruction but opening the desktop manager does not give me the message "update core applications". I have a 8703e, wil the Vodafone today theme install on that model.

dnabanker no está en línea Stack level 1

I've managed to get the two cod files on my 8700c (both modules are listed under Options-Advanced-Applications-BlackBerry 4.1 Core Applications) but when I go to Options-Themes, I don't see anything new. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this. Thanks

wymmiy no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey does any one know if the back ground image on the vodafone today theme can be changed? If so how?

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

It will not change the HOME screen, but it will change the menu screen.
    Michael

wymmiy no está en línea Stack level 1

sorry niot sure what you mean by that. I have the vodafone Today theme installed already when i got tmy BB, but when i select a picture and want that as the background i dont even get the option to do that. Do i have to unlock the theme before i can do any of that?

pcain no está en línea Stack level 1

I have tried over and over again to upload this software to no avail. Anyone willing to walk me through it? Trust me, I've tried #6 instructions multiple times. Sorry...I'm 100% certain it's user error. Thanks for your help!

HaiNV no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for share! I love BB

pb102 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Vodafone and Dimension Today Themes (8700 ONLY) - Download & Installation Informa

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the order, in which the various features appear on the Vodafone Today home screen? I.e., can I have email show up as the first line, and move Voicemail down? Thanks in advance.

terri no está en línea Stack level 1

Would I be able to use this on Verizon OS?

DoubleDizzle no está en línea Stack level 2

k, i'm using pocketmac, and it won't let me install and .COD files, only .ALX files..
    how do i get the .ALX files for these themes, to install?! is it possible?!

DoubleDizzle no está en línea Stack level 2

well, i got everything to work, using a co-workers PC. worked like a charm.

one question.. does anyone have any NEW 'today' themes, that they've created? all themes i've found are all based on the dimension icon theme, but i'd prefer the simplicity of the today theme.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast