Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Overview: This is the long-awaited Vodafone and Today themes for 8700 devices. Important Note: These ... 87xx Themes forum

jibi no está en línea Stack level 2

Vodafone and Dimension Today Themes (8700 ONLY) - Download & Installation Information

Advertisement

Overview:
    This is the long-awaited Vodafone and Today themes for 8700 devices.

Important Note:
    These themes are supported on the versions of the 8700 OS versions 4.1.0.371/4.1.0.309 (package/application version; currently only available from Telstra and StarHub) and above. These are NOT supported on versions prior to that.

Instructions:
    * Note: If you already have the Telstra OS loaded and used my BlackBerry.alx file available in Step 2, then you can skip on to Step 4.

1 - Be sure that you have the Telstra 4.1.0.371 OS installed on your PC and your handheld.
    2 - Download BlackBerry.alx file for Telstra 4.1 (version .371): Click Here
    3 - Extract BlackBerry.alx to installation path:
    Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.309_P2.0.0.133
    4 - Download the Today themes ZIP file from: Click Here
    5 - Extract net_rim_theme_bb_dimension_today_320x240.cod and net_rim_theme_120_today_320x240.cod from the ZIP file to the Java directory under the installation path:
    Java Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.309_P2.0.0.133\Java
    6 - Open Desktop Manager and it should now prompt you to update the Core Applications.

Alternate Instructions (Java Loader):
    1 - Download the Today themes ZIP file to your Desktop: Click Here
    2 - Extract net_rim_theme_bb_dimension_today_320x240.cod and net_rim_theme_120_today_320x240.cod to your Desktop.
    3 - Download and unzip JavaLoader.exe to your Desktop from the attached JavaLoader.zip
    4 - Click on Start then Run and type CMD and click OK
    5 - This should bring up a command-prompt at C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\
    6 - Type the following:

cd Desktop <enter> (don't type <enter> - just push it)
    JavaLoader.exe -u load net_rim_theme_bb_dimension_today_320x240.cod <enter>
    JavaLoader.exe -u load net_rim_theme_120_today_320x240.cod <enter>

* Note: Here is an example of the DOS/command-prompt:

C:\Documents and Settings\username>cd desktop

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop>

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop>JavaLoader.exe -u load net_rim_theme_bb_dimension_today_320x240.cod

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop>JavaLoader.exe -u load net_rim_theme_120_today_320x240.cod

Over-The-Air:
    BB Dimension-Today: Click Here
    Vodafone Today: Click Here

Note: These links have been tested by users at BBF (but not myself).

Since the Vodafone Today theme is linked to the Vodafone theme itself, I will also include that particular download. This may have been the root to some of the bugs I found present in the earlier versions of the theme that I had.

Instructions:
    1 - After completing the above steps, go to the installation directory and rename net_rim_theme_120_320x240.cod to net_rim_theme_120_320x240.old:
    Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.309_P2.0.0.133
    2 - Download the Vodafone theme file from: Click Here
    3 - Extract net_rim_theme_120_320x240.cod from the ZIP file to the Java directory under the installation path:
    Java Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.309_P2.0.0.133\Java
    4 - Open Desktop Manager and it should now prompt you to update the Core Applications.

Alternate Instructions (Java Loader):
    1 - Download the Vodafone theme file to your Desktop: Click Here
    2 - Extract net_rim_theme_120_320x240.cod to your Desktop.
    3 - Download and unzip JavaLoader.exe to your Desktop from the attached JavaLoader.zip
    4 - Click on Start then Run and type CMD and click OK
    5 - This should bring up a command-prompt at C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\
    6 - Type the following:

cd Desktop <enter> (don't type <enter> - just push it)
    JavaLoader.exe -u load net_rim_theme_120_320x240.cod <enter>

* Note: Here is an example of the DOS/command-prompt:

C:\Documents and Settings\username>cd desktop

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop>

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop>JavaLoader.exe -u load net_rim_theme_120_320x240.cod

Over-The-Air:
    Vodafone: Click Here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jibi; 06-08-2006 at 12:43 AM.

jibi no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Vodafone and Dimension Today Themes (8700 ONLY) - Download & Installation Information

Note: You will need to install a NEW version of the OS - the Telstra OS is the only one currently available to the public that supports these themes, although they are not bundled with it.

Vodafone Today Shortcuts:
    Saved Messages
    Search
    Calculator
    Compose
    MemoPad
    Tasks
    Contacts
    Alarm
    Profiles
    Settings
    Keyboard Lock
    Enterprise Messenger (Q)

Other Vodafone Today shortcuts (not listed on applications list):
    WAP Browser
    Phone
    Calendar
    Browser (default Browser)
    BlackBerry Messenger

Looks like C is a shortcut key for both Compose and Contacts. If both are enabled, then the first one that was selected will be the shortcut key (e.g - Contacts was shown and Compose was hidden, so if I enable Compose, then Contacts will still be the shortcut key; however, if I hide Contacts, then Compose will be the active C shortcut key).

Also, the Vodafone Today theme does not allow you to set your background image, which is okay, as it is obviously apparent that they spent a LOT of time making this theme VERY sleek and neat in design. Kudos to them.

Dimension Today Shortcuts:
    Keyboard Lock
    Options
    Calendar
    Alarm
    Enterprise Messenger (Q)
    Profiles
    Tasks
    Calculator
    Search
    BlackBerry Messenger

For both Today themes, you are unable to change the sections on the home screen or rearrange the order of what is present. This will be viewed as a downside of the themes for most who are used to Zen or one of the icon-based themes. There are no stocks, RSS feeds, etc., so those of you who are used to the commercial 'Today' screens will likely be unimpressed with RIM's efforts on these - but atleast they are keeping companies such as Cross River Systems pacified in knowing that their stock offering is not going to compete with a commercial product in terms of robust functionality.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Vodafone and Dimension Today Themes (8700 ONLY) - Download & Installation Information

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~anyone tried this yet?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Yup they both work.

donmitchell no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31892F51

Can I get OS version 4.1.0.371/4.1.0.309 from Telstra and put it on my TMO 8700g?
    -Don

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by donmitchell
    Can I get OS version 4.1.0.371/4.1.0.309 from Telstra and put it on my TMO 8700g?
    Yes:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...149E92A551338E

Instructions to install:
    http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...read.php?t=929

PIN/ID
    31892F51

Just installed it...thanks once again for your help!

I also like both of the new Today themes...good deal.
    -Don

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hmmm thinking about trying.

Just realized there were pictures attached.... Can't see them via the wap page... LOL! Thanks for the pics.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Thanks Jibi for sharing!!!
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

Well, I prefer the Zen theme to these. I like my SMS & Email seperate.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Rubicant no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203abf74

EXCELLENT! Thanks Jibi!
    Signature redacted by the NSA.

mrsharris no está en línea Stack level 1

I just received my TMO 8700G and would like to install the Zen Today theme. Actually, I tried it but apparently goofed on a step somewhere as I soon got exception errors. Can you please post step-by-step how you got it to work donmitchell? Thanks

PIN/ID
    31892F51

Hydn posted them in post #6 in this thread, that's what I used. Try again and feel free to e-mail me and I'll try my best to help you through it. Good luck.

Sorry for the late reply...notifications won't go to my Blackberry email address for some reason.
    -Don

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

Hey does anyone no if these themes will work on an 8700c?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast