In the past I have become accustom to the having the ability with a Windows ... 87xx Themes forum

gtshipp no está en línea Stack level 1

Trying to figure out how to modify themes

Advertisement

In the past I have become accustom to the having the ability with a Windows mobile device (before being converted over to my current 8700g - T-mobile) of changing my “Today screen” and the icons that are on it fairly easily. Currently I how to move and hide existing icons, but in terms of changing or adding features is where I need some help.

From what I am learning, is appears that each theme needs to be built individually, and then after that there is very little flexibility in what can be changed. It appears as though the Plasmic theme generator is the way to go. So far I am a little intimidate to go that way due to all the steps and time that is necessary. I have not searched yet, but I am assuming this is the only way to create themes.

Currently I am using the “BB Dimension Today” theme that was pre-installed on the unit. I really like the front screen that shows the details of my calendar, along with any calls that I missed and email messages.

My question is how to change these options. So as an example if want to see my calendar and my task and not my email, how can I get those to display rather then the existing ones. I think the answer is that I either have to find the exact theme out there that meets my needs, or build my own. Does that sound right, or is there an easier way that I just don’t know about.

Thx
    Last edited by gtshipp; 03-21-2008 at 06:14 PM.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    If i understand your question correctly, you are asking how you can choose which icons to be on your homescreen.

If that is the case do the following:
    Applications>Highlight your wanted applications>open menu>select move>move the icon to the very top row

The icon you moved should now be on your homescreen.

Normally, icons in the top row are the ones that will appear in the homescreen.

If i have misunderstood you, please tell me where i went wrong in understanding your question.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

gtshipp no está en línea Stack level 1
    What you say is true. I think it depends on the theme that you have. in the case here (if I am able attached the purple icon pic) you can change the order of the way that the icons show up, and some times they even have the abiltiy so show you status when you highlight them.

In the situation that I am looking at (second pic with yellow / blue background) I want to remove the email option and replace it with the task icon and then have it show my task show up in line without me having to highlight the icon first.

http://www.viralelectronics.com/pics/purple.gif

http://juanxavier.com/theme8300/today.jpg

Last edited by gtshipp; 03-21-2008 at 06:27 PM.