hi have a problem with themes, any time when upload a theme to my bb ... 87xx Themes forum

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Post theme issue with 8700

Advertisement

hi have a problem with themes, any time when upload a theme to my bb 8700 tmo, only shows up, in the application section, but on the themes section nothing, i set up permission to allow everything and nothin happen yet, can somebody help me plz......

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind

Smile try this?

Make sure you're downloading the right theme to match your OS.
    If your running 4.2, you can't use 4.5 themes. Also check how much free space you have, you may have to delete some stuff.
    If you'd like to upgrade to 4.d OS, there are links on Pinstack that will make it easy for you.
    J
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    hi have a problem with themes, any time when upload a theme to my bb 8700 tmo, only shows up, in the application section, but on the themes section nothing, i set up permission to allow everything and nothin happen yet, can somebody help me plz......

PIN/ID
    be kind

how to check OS

You can check OS by hitting alt+shift+h

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Hi, I can see a variety of issues that are probably preventing you from loading the themes onto your bb. One, the theme you downloaded is not for your device model. Two, the theme you downloaded is not compatible with the OS you're running on your bb. Three, the theme you downloaded says it's for the 87xx series and it does say it's for 4.2 the problem now is if the theme creator did the proper changes for plazmic theme builder and created the themes for all 4.2's meaning there are two versions of 4.2: there is 4.2.1 and there's 4.2.2 in order to avoid this the theme creator had to have changed the plazmic preferences and assigments for preferred OS's and such to only 4.2 so that both 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 users can load themes with no issues. When exporting it to 4.2.2 you will get this issue very often and sometimes the theme creator's not aware that when assigning themes to this 4.2.1 and .2 does have an impact on the people downloading the themes. Please ask the theme creator if he/she exported the theme you wanted for 4.2.1 or 4.2.2 . If you don't want to go through the trouble of upgrading for a theme just ask the creator and hopefully you'll get an answer to this. Not everyone's aware of this which sometimes annoys and frustrates those who cannot run a theme. Good luck

PIN/ID
    ask me
    thanks for the answer i have 4.5 os themes and doesn't shows up anyway of course my phone os is 4.5 to but nothing anyway, can you gays tellme where can i find some themes for my os

berry911 no está en línea Stack level 1
    if you deleted the standard dimension themes that came with your phone, custom themes will not show up on your theme list. restore the deleted themes and the new ones you loaded will show up.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    update should say guys sorry

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ok, so you have 4.5 running on your 8700 and the themes you have attempted to install are for 4.5 OS? theoretically, you are good to go. now with that being said, there aren't very many 4.5 themes for your device. have you also attempted the 4.2 themes?

are they themes from PinStack? if so, can you link to at least one of them?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    yes i have attempted themes for 4.5 and 4.2 and nothing yet, i'll keep tying one of them was iglass and other named snow and some other

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Also, you may have to download plazmic theme reader to your phone. Do you have that? Look under applications.

PIN/ID
    be kind

Smile did you?

To go along with what rat said. I don't know if anyone has recomended this or not,check your memory space. You may have too many themes or other stuff in your phone...
    Press alt+shift+h and look for file free.... Youmay have to delete some of the things you're not using.
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Hi, I can see a variety of issues that are probably preventing you from loading the themes onto your bb. One, the theme you downloaded is not for your device model. Two, the theme you downloaded is not compatible with the OS you're running on your bb. Three, the theme you downloaded says it's for the 87xx series and it does say it's for 4.2 the problem now is if the theme creator did the proper changes for plazmic theme builder and created the themes for all 4.2's meaning there are two versions of 4.2: there is 4.2.1 and there's 4.2.2 in order to avoid this the theme creator had to have changed the plazmic preferences and assigments for preferred OS's and such to only 4.2 so that both 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 users can load themes with no issues. When exporting it to 4.2.2 you will get this issue very often and sometimes the theme creator's not aware that when assigning themes to this 4.2.1 and .2 does have an impact on the people downloading the themes. Please ask the theme creator if he/she exported the theme you wanted for 4.2.1 or 4.2.2 . If you don't want to go through the trouble of upgrading for a theme just ask the creator and hopefully you'll get an answer to this. Not everyone's aware of this which sometimes annoys and frustrates those who cannot run a theme. Good luck
    Last edited by jasonring; 12-02-2008 at 12:03 AM.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Just out of curiosity, can you download this 8700 theme that I made. Click HERE to download ota.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok, trying and tryin, 1 friend tellme this, downgrade and then upgrade again, after that should work, but nothing yet, pdxmatts i download the theme and nothing.... You guys think could be any problem with my os ihave 4.5.0.81 from maxis and i've deleted the vendor file, plat 2.7.0.78 t mobile