Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

not to knock some of the kick butt themes that you all make, but i ... 87xx Themes forum

phinger23 no está en línea Stack level 2

Theme Complaints

Advertisement

not to knock some of the kick butt themes that you all make, but i have a complaint.

unless im missing something, on 4.5 themes, lets say the precision L theme, its preset for the home screen icons.

honestly, i dont need messages, phone, calendar, alarm, phonebook, tasks and memo pad on my home screen.
    if i want phone, i hit the send button
    if i want calendar, ill hit the L button
    if i want phone book ill hit A or C
    if i want tasks, ill hit T
    if i want memopad ill hit D

but other programs like google email and maps, opera mini, and others that dont have shortcuts especially the SMS MMS seperated option i want on the home screen and like i said unless im missing some settings that are new on the 4.5 OS, i cant move these items around to the main screen???

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    *most* blackberry users do not use the shortcuts.

IF you are speaking of a theme that doesn't have today features, then ya, i can see where you wouldn't want some of those things on the main screen, but because the theme builders build to make everyone happy, its best to place the most used apps on the homescreen.

as for 3rd party apps, you CAN place web link shortcuts on the homescreen, but again, not everyone has the same preferences to what third party apps they use/want on the main screen.

and no, with the custom themes, you cannot change the line up of the icons.

you could always get a custom/personal theme made for your own tastes or build one yourself

jonecat no está en línea Stack level 2
    For one, you can only layout programs in the L that are built into the phone os, all the programs you mentioned are third party, thus cannot be put into an L theme. I suggest you use a zen theme that will allow you to change the home screen icons.

Two, how are you assigning those keys as hot keys for apps?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ATA
    jonecat, you can turn OFF dial from homescreen (from the call log menu/go to options/general -- i think, sorry i have the pearl right now)

once you turn that off, then scroll thru the icons and pay attention to the app name at the bottom. for whatever app you are on, the letter UNDERLINED is the shortcut. i LOVE them and use them religiously. but i also have these apps on my homescreen too ... except for call log, i DO think that one is redundant.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    *most* blackberry users do not use the shortcuts.
    I agree

phinger23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    maybe most dont, but you should be able to put your most commonly used up front.

to be honest, the phone option is redundant. id prob say the most commonly used blackberry options are browser/opera mini, email, SMS and MMS. why cant these be moved up to the front??

jonecat no está en línea Stack level 2
    I personally like using the messages icon, that way I don't have to go to 2 separate icons for the same thing, they are all right there in the same icon. But that may be just me, I don't like to have separate emails and sms/mms inboxes.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    almost all of my themes will include the following:
    messages, calendar, media, browser, sms, address book and call log.

yes, *most* people actually want the call log on the homescreen...

i actually did a poll last year and those are the most wanted

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

At first when I upgraded and saw the icons that were on the main screen, it took me a while to get use too. I don't mind them now. I like having the emails and sms seperate because I use my blackberry email alot more now a days. My whole thing is, if you really wanna complain about them, make them yourself.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    This is exactly why I started making themes. No offense, lol but unless I'm getting paid for the themes I create.... I'm putting what I like most on the homescreen. Like I said... No offense. You honestly might want to learn how to make em.

«BrianG»
    ¤Via Curvelicious¤

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    True indeed, why even complian about something one can easily get for free, without even thinking about the Time it takes to make a Premium Theme, than just give it away, Boy! The Nerve... But anyway as stated the best move at this point is to learn how to make them for yourself, than this way you can have just what You want on the homescren.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You do know that it is not the theme builders fault. It is the way the cdk is set. If I could put pinstack or weathereye on the homepage I would.

Maybe try an icon theme where all the icons are on the homepage. The today plus theme is cool because it has three locked and then when you scroll right you get 5 more and you can choose. It works on my 4.5 OS. I posted the link on a thread called today plus themes.

Also the Crossbar theme gives you a ton on the home page as well. You can find that at bplay. Hope this helps with your frustration.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent51ny View Post
    This is exactly why I started making themes. No offense, lol but unless I'm getting paid for the themes I create.... I'm putting what I like most on the homescreen. Like I said... No offense. You honestly might want to learn how to make em.

«BrianG»
    ¤Via Curvelicious¤
    but be warned...it's just another addiction.i tweak my theme almost every day.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonecat View Post
    I personally like using the messages icon, that way I don't have to go to 2 separate icons for the same thing, they are all right there in the same icon. But that may be just me, I don't like to have separate emails and sms/mms inboxes.
    hmm...starting to think your way.put them together and i can add another app to my homescreen!

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Maybe it's because I don't create themes (I fully intend to start but know it will become an obsession so I'm waiting till I have some free time ), but I took that post as a complaint about the new theme builder making us unable to move icons around like we were able to do in the past - NOT as a complaint against the people creating themes!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast