Is it possible not to have a theme ? The reason I ask is that ... 87xx Themes forum

BlackCaviar no está en línea Stack level 3

Theme & Wallpaper

Advertisement

Is it possible not to have a theme ?
    The reason I ask is that most themes have titles (ie. date, time, month)
    so you really can't see your custom wallpaper that you've created, its hidden with Icons (yes I know u can hide) or list views, so what's the purpose of having custom wallpaper, if it's covered with Icons

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Theme & Wallpaper

There are custom theme that have been made for the BBs that have all Icons except the selected Icon invisible, or greatly reduced in opacity. This cleans up most of the screen for to view the Wallpaper. You can not get rid of the Banner icons and indicators, but you can have a transparent Banner background. You can find some of these themes for you 8700 on srl7741's Website. You'll aslo need to install the Plazmic Theme Reader which I believe is also on his site. Be sure the ones you download are for the 8700 series.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

bruiser_04 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243FCD27

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Rcbjr has the right idea. When I make my themes I make all icons invisible except the one hilighted so I can see my background pic.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

It also depends on the wallpaper. I use some and the icons are set to 20% opacity and they are barely visible, while on other wallpapers they are clearly visible. But making them completly invisible is a great idea, so only the icon selected is the one you see. Also, take out the banner, which if you look at my themes i am starting to not use a banner, so then more of the wallpaper is visible.

reemobeens19 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    na

Are there any sights that have themes/wallpapers for 7510 os4.0 available via ota if not can some one piont me in the right direction to make them. I'm willing to learn but also a new b.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

reemobeens19, welcome to the stacks. Check out the stickies in the 3rd Party Software & Theme dev and Themes Tones Wp Forums for help in creating your own themes.

Wrong advice.

I just reread you post. All the custom themes require 4.1.x.xxx for the OS. If your device is a 16mb device, which I believe the 7510 is, you're out of luck.

Sorry
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think the zen theme is the most wallpaper friendly theme that I have seen. But then again. I haven't used that many themes

reemobeens19 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    na

Does os4.1 require more than 16mb if so what bb do I need to look in to upgrading to. Feature rich device preferred. I thought the bb stuff was a load of poo but got a deal on one upgraded it to os4.0 and don't think ill be going back to a regular phone any time soon.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3056468b

You are stuck on the 7510 with 4.0, you need to get the 7520 if you want the same style BB, full qwerty, or the 7100i if you want to be like me!

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~or you can be like Mike and wear Nike's. LOL. Sorry cp you left that open

PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Or go whole hog and get the 8700, reemobeens, for the current latest qwerty BB. And rocker, the Zen theme still kills the right side and bottom left. I agree the Banner has the best layout. And if and when Plazmic adds it to the PTB as a base theme, I might consider it.

And if they created a base Icon theme with the Zen Banner layout, I would be estatic.

Just my $0.02
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer