I've made my own theme (definitely OSX/black gloss inspired) that looks great. I can only ... 87xx Themes forum

ryanmsmith no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Smoothie font?

Advertisement

I've made my own theme (definitely OSX/black gloss inspired) that looks great. I can only load the alx file if I've selected one of the built-in BB fonts. Knowing that the Smoothie theme uses a non-BB font, I tried modifying that theme and again have no luck trying to install the resulting alx file. How does Smoothie do it?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Smoothie font?

ryanmsmith, Welcome to PinStack.

I never had this problem when creating themes for my 8700, so am a little curious about it. I was always able to change the fonts, to any that were installed on my PC (Windows Fonts). I no longer use my 8700, so can't play with it to see what I can do to help. What error do you get when exporting or installing the theme if you have non BB Fonts in it?

Are you aware that the smoothie them is available for download from Plazmic as a .thm file for modification using the Theme Builder?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ryanmsmith no está en línea Stack level 1

Maybe it's because I'm running the theme editor in Windows under Mac OS X with Parallels, then installing (or trying to install) with PocketMac.

I did get the thm file for smoothie and tried just changing the graphics - no luck. Does the font get embedded into the alx file or is it accessed as part of the installation procedure? When I install a theme that works, the device immediately reboots. When I install one that doesn't, nothing really happens.

(2006 Hyper Blue/Black MCS, btw!)

-Ryan

queendeaux no está en línea Stack level 1

I wish it were possible to change the Smoothie font - specifically the "main" font for the incoming call, date/time, and so forth. That font is actually the main reason why I haven't installed any of my themes yet. Silly, eh? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ryanmsmith, The mac may explain your problem, I don't know how plazmic interacts with windows under an emulator or what ever you call your set up.
    I believe the fonts get embedded in the .Cod file that gets installed on the BB.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

iseeyou626 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F3C9C7

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    ryanmsmith, The mac may explain your problem, I don't know how plazmic interacts with windows under an emulator or what ever you call your set up.
    I believe the fonts get embedded in the .Cod file that gets installed on the BB.

Rcbjr.

Maybe you already figured it out, but what version of Parallels are you running? i.e Build #

Also here is a solution that will not fail if its a Parallels issue:

Use Bootcamp.app, partition off lets say 5 Gig's of your HD, and run your theme builder from there. Bootcamp is found in Mac OS X.5 under Applications>Utilities>Bootcamp.app. or if your running Mac OS X.4 you can download it directly from Apple's website. I did not post the link as I'm not clear on the post infraction that may cause. Install a licensed version of Windows, bada-bing bada-boom you have a Windows OS on your Mac.

Just FYI - Parallel's is not an emulator, Virtual PC is an emulator, i.e. forcing something to run contrary to normal use. Because Mac's now have intel processors they can run Windows natively. But the Admin has a point on why it may be failing. Not all versions of Parallels play nice with Win App's.
    "Let each one prove what his own work is, ... and not in comparison with the other person." - Gal. 6:4