I've noticed that my 8700c goes to a blank screen after just a few seconds ... 87xx Themes forum

MikeKoplitz no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Screen times out

Advertisement

I've noticed that my 8700c goes to a blank screen after just a few seconds (like 5) even though the backlight setting is set for much longer time. Any ideas?

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Screen times out

Welcome to the stacks MikeKoplitz!...I would set a different setting - save - battery pull - and change it to your desired time...let us know how it goes

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Options - Screen/Keyboard, Backlight Timeout. It can be set from 10 Sec up to 2 min.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

jestock no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Options - Screen/Keyboard, Backlight Timeout. It can be set from 10 Sec up to 2 min.
    I have the same problem as Mike... you can set the screen time out option to anything and it will hold that option for awhile... however after some time it reverts back to timing out at 5 seconds (which isn't even an option)

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

there is an free app called BBlight that will help adjust this espcially when its being charged or used.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/bla...6&big_mirror=0
    Michael

reesemachine no está en línea Stack level 2

Do you have the 4.1 OS (esp 4.1.0.377) ? (Options - About or CTRL+CAP+H)

This is something a lot of our users complain about. Not sure if it is an "official" bug, but here's what fixes it (workaround):

1. Go to Options - Screen Keyboard
    2. Scroll to Automatic Backlight. Change from "On" to "Off"
    3. Change Backlight Timeout to preferred time (2 min max).

This has worked every time. One note, though....if you power down the device or reset it (yes, even the auto on/off) we've noticed that it puts the screen timeout back to a few seconds...even if you already changed it to 2 min.

To remedy, just follow steps 1-3 again. It's not as much of a pain as you'd think

OR...just get BBLight (unless, like us, you're on a BES IT policy that restricts installing 3rd party apps -- and you don't feel like going through the process to *cough, be careful* temporarily remove that policy then re-activate the device on BES *cough, can get you into major trouble, cough*

jestock no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes I have OS 4.1.0.377.... ... it seems to be working but as I said it can refert at any minute... I don't usually ever turn it off tho so shouldn't be a big problem. I'd prefer to stay away from that nasty cold of yours...
    Thanks for the advise...