Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where can I get Ring Tones from Other than Cingular.com that are longer then 19 ... 87xx Themes forum

MIMI21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23da7540

RING TONES!

Advertisement

Where can I get Ring Tones from Other than Cingular.com that are longer then 19 seconds?

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: RING TONES!

Hello MIMI. Check the download section in the forum. That might help.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Hate to ask the obvious, but how many have you tried and are they embedded or downloaded?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You can use any MP3 as long as it's under ~270Kb in size. I don't recall if there are other restrictions off the top of my head.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome to Pinstack, MIMI21. As was stated checkout the Blackberry Ringtones Download List. Look for mp3s or wav tones for you 8700c. Also read through the posts in the Themes Tones Wp and 8700/8707 Themes Tones Wp Forums.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

gteague no está en línea Stack level 2

the only information on this forum i've found to be of questionable use are the links to various ringtone sites. i'm not sure if it's because the 8700g doesn't work the same way as previous bb's or not. but the only site i've found that works to actually get ringtones is the one that's in the home booksmarks folder in the 8700g browser. i usually get some sort of mime-type errors in spite of me screwing with every setting in the browser. i'd hate to admit how many hours i've wasted on this seemingly simple matter.

i don't really care for ringtones as such and i'm really reluctant to buy them or subscribe to a service, but i really need short alert sounds. for the amusement of you old timers, i've saved the ones from ibm os/2 warp all these years and they are still doing service on my mac. i really get a chuckle when some old ibm'er passes by my mac, his ears twitch and he does a double-take when he sees the os x logo!

anyway, these sounds are currently mac system sounds or aiff and i can easily convert these os/2 sounds to mp3's or even wav i guess. the question is how i get them to my blackberry. i do have access to the bb desktop software at work but i'd prefer to work on the mac if i could.

if someone could do the equivalent of the new wallpaper site where it uploads your file and presents it back nicely wrapped as bb fodder that would be just outstanding! i see from previous threads there is or are such sites, but many have problems with it or them. i no longer run my own web server or i would try to tackle it. anyone that could do this would earn my undying gratitude.

any help would be much appreciated. i don't mean to hijack this thread, but it seemed like an appropriate place to jump in.

thanks,

/guy

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

tuneusin.com from ur bb browser great site for mp3 ringtone and wallpapers for free

Quote Originally Posted by shafferds
    tuneusin.com from ur bb browser great site for mp3 ringtone and wallpapers for free
    that was one page i originally gave up on because it's hard to get into using the mobile. you have to bypass the frames or at least that's the error msg i got. once i got in using the bb i was able to snag quite a few useful tidbits.

thanks mucho!

/guy

moralitylady no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D70D2C

wow what phone are yooouu workin with? as far as a user of the 8700g, i haven't had any problems or encountered any 'frames' using the tuneusin website.

Quote Originally Posted by moralitylady
    wow what phone are yooouu workin with? as far as a user of the 8700g, i haven't had any problems or encountered any 'frames' using the tuneusin website.
    i guess i'm learning because i'm getting into a few of these sites.

i'm now using the coolservice.dk site to upload/download my own wav sounds and it is working ok, but the procedure is sure tedious and slow. i was able to convert my mac system sounds to .aiff, then to .wav using toast and quicktime pro.

/guy

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

what is your interenet emulation mode?? that can make a difference on how frames and tables are viewed however i havent had any problems with tuneusin.com on my 8700c - i just use the bb browser

Quote Originally Posted by shafferds
    what is your interenet emulation mode?? that can make a difference on how frames and tables are viewed however i havent had any problems with tuneusin.com on my 8700c - i just use the bb browser
    i'm using the bb emulation mode. is that not a useful one to use? i figured that mode might format pages for the device more logically than ie or netscape.

it's possible i emailed to the mobile the wrong url although i didn't see frames on the site in a regular pc browser. i was given the choice of two frames pages, but one of the choices was an ad, so it's possible there was a coding error or conflict between the ad and the bb browser emulation.

once i got past that point and selected the correct 'frame' i had no more problems.

/guy

shillliardjr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23daa824

how do i get ringtone 8700g

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Use the IE emulations and it works fine.

Shilliard, the easiest way is to point your BB web browser to a site such as www.mobile41.com
    Click on the tone and once a few notes have played scroll to the far right button and it allows you to save it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast