New to the BlackBerry scene, have had my 8703e from Alltel for 2 weeks now. ... 87xx Themes forum

TheLorax no está en línea Stack level 2

MP3 Ringtone handling

Advertisement

New to the BlackBerry scene, have had my 8703e from Alltel for 2 weeks now. How are MP3 ringtones handled? Meaning, with a standard ringtone, it goes off multiple times for incoming calls. How about a 10-15 second mp3..does it cycle through multiple "rings" or play just once? Sorry if this is a noob question but I searched the forums before hand and didn't find anything that answered my question. TIA

TheLorax
    "I speak for the trees, and the trees don't like you."

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: MP3 Ringtone handling

There is a setting in profiles that says "number of beeps". If you set that to 1, the whole ringtone should play, then repeat, if its set to 3, a few seconds will play, then repeat.

TheLorax no está en línea Stack level 2

Great, thanks for the info!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

RoC1909 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2403CAA5

Sorry but I don't understand this. I go to 'profiles' and select 'Advanced'. I pretty much always use the 'Normal' profile so I 'Edit' the settings for that and then select 'Phone'. Where is the 'Number of beeps' setting for the Phone?? I could care less about Level1 messages, browser, PTT or anything else so how would I edit the options so that the MP3 replays itself instead of playing once when someone calls me?

Maybe I am not using the settings correctly but I would have thought that there would be a setting to play a 'short' MP3 for a specific amount of time then go into VM.

BTW, this is on a 8800.

Thanks again,

RoC

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C

ok, I have an 8703e also from Alltel in Nebraska. Its my new bestfriend, my dog is pissed! Any ways to set your ringtone.

I assume that you have downloaded a few and have them already stored in your phone.

If not I suggest for beginers, use www.tuneusin.com Its very easy to nav. thru and there servers are fast so your not wasting 1 a min on every down load.

ps, this is making a new profile, so u can always go back to a standard ringtone, rather than music.
    So, select profile

You will see a list of a few def. profiles, exp....loud, vib, quiet, normal....click wheel again, select new profile..right away u will want to name it. just type a name..exp test run....

Now ur gonna see a list of applications that would cause ur phone to make a noise...exp...Browser, Calender, Level 1 Message, Messages, Messenger Alert, Messenger-New Message *bbm*, phone, sms, and task.

The fun and tasking part. You need to go into each one of this applications and choose a ringtone or ring for it. It has already put in a def.,.for you but since you want to change to say an mp3 you will want do as follows..

Scroll down to the Phone app.. Click edit on track wheel menu..now

your gonna see a screen with that says phone on the top.
    then Out of Holster, Tune, Valume, Number of Beeps and Repeat Notifications...you will want to click on the out of holster and change that to Tone. Then click on Tune below and change that to said mp3..As you back out make sure you save. each time...Its tasking a first but then fun, cause you can set up a tone of cool profiles. Fit your mood, your outfit, your enviroment..ect.....

Enjoy...