Hello, I am a beginer with BB. I just would like to know how could ... 87xx Themes forum

whilli no está en línea Stack level 1

Modify a theme

Advertisement

Hello,
    I am a beginer with BB. I just would like to know how could I make little theme modifications. It means, change the backgroud image and the idle phone backgroud image.

After that, could I assing this theme from BES console as mandatory for every BB in my company ?

Thank you very much.

Whilly.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Modify a theme

Welcome to Pinstack!!!

Give this link a shot... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lkthrough.html

As far as the BES assigning goes, I am not sure. Someone should be around soon that will be able to answer this for you.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello whilli, welcome to pinstack.

The theme must be created using Plazmic, as mentioned above, so that question down.

As for the deployment to different users, do you, or can you have those in front of you? I do know that you can load them to the BB's using the desktop manager. If you dont have them in front of you then you can send the ota link to the BB and load them that way. Im not sure if there is another way to deploy them to many users, but you never know.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

whilli, Welcome to PinStack.

The only two posibilties I see have already been mentioned.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thank you all.

I have already installed Plazmic Theme Creation and I have modified the Theme. The problem becomes when I try to export. I want to try to export into ALX format. I specify the path and nothing happens. No new files. What is supposed I have to do? If I set a new folder, PTC creates it but it doesn´t create any .cod or .alx files.

Thank you again.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

d0nkey no está en línea Stack level 1

Interest. I am having the same problem and have just recently posted regarding the same issue. My summary is:

This isn't the run'o'the'mill Export not working post. Originally, I had the problem with the 60 KB picture limit, so I know Export is trying to do something. Now, the images have been reduced in size and no errors are thrown, but there are no resulting .ALX or .JAD files where ever I try to export them to. I have tried other people's .THM files, the samples that come from the Plazmic web site and my own, which I just built, but no luck. I have done searches and have made sure all hidden files are shown, but no luck. When I click Export, I see the CPU jump for a few seconds and it even creates a new directory when the one I am using does not exist. But, still no .ALX file.

No, I can´t. I can only choose between ALX or JAD. But none is created into the path selected.
    I also made a search for any *.cod file and there is no files.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Do you have admin rights on the account you are using to create the themes? And is the account the one you used to install the Plazmic CDK? I have had similar problems and the only way I could export them was using the account that installed the CDK to export the files.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Hello,
    PTC works propertly on another computer so I don´t now what could be happening. The PC where PTC doesn´t export in runs over Windows XP Pro, and the one where PTS does export in runs over Windows XP Home.
    Anyway I have exported my new Theme (a basic one, obiously) and then loaded on my BB. Wuau!! XDDD Thank you all!
    What now happens is that all icons are moved, they doesn´t have the same order. How can I re arrange them or not move them each time I apply a new Theme?
    And, I would like to modify the background image when the BB is bloqued. Do you know where can I change it?
    Thank you again.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~alt push track wheel then select move or hide the icon.