Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Hey guys, this may sound dumb...but what is the deal with these themes? Why are ... 87xx Themes forum

BigW34 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B579E4

Re: Instructions for Installing Vodafone, O2, Orange & ZEN Themes (8700 ONLY)

Advertisement

Hey guys, this may sound dumb...but what is the deal with these themes? Why are the better or more special than regular ones.

I just got my 8703e last week and am trying to install all the useful stuff on it! Thanks in advance.

lyricsoflife no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello all, new to Blackberry and did the Zen install. Thank you for the links and info by the way. Everything looks great except one thing. I've lost my Browsers. WAP and BB are gone. Any ideas on how to get them back?
    Thank you for the help
    Chris

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

lyricsoflife, Welcome to PinStack.

Go to Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table and open the menu. Select Register Now and click the trackwheel. YOu should get a message that the device has be registered with the Network. You should have your Browsers back after that. If not then you will need to log in to your BIS account and click on the Send Service Books button.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thank you for the welcome and also for the reply I appreciate it. When I go to the host routing page there are about 100 things listed all starting with verison and followed by number in parenthesis. I left the top one selected, clicked the trackwheel and did a register now, everything went okay (got my email) but still no Browser icons. I then went to my BIS site and sent the service books, everything went great, got emails but still no browser icon. I did a restart Alt+Num+Del and I get the following error when starting.

Uncaught Exception:Application.Registry.WaitFor(XXXXXX) timeout

I hit ok and go on but still no browsers. I think I've really done it now. Any other ideas? Could it be the error? Should I try to re-install the theme? If so, how can I just wipe everything clean and start over? I'm using an 8703e.

There was one odd thing when I installed last night. When I got to step 8 of Seattle18's post:

8. Open Desktop Manager and upgrade when prompted (will take 20 or more minutes usually)

I was never prompted for an update I had to browse to the Blackberry.alx file after about an hour for it to run from the application loader.

Thanks for any additional help
    Chris

Well after 3 hours on the phone with Verizon and then Blackberry support I had to completely reload my OS. Even a wipe didn't work. I'm fortunate in the fact that I've only had this a little over a week. I sure liked the Zen theme though. The BB Insight-List theme is heading that way but really lacks. I'm sure I hosed something up when I did the install but not brave enought to attemp it again. Thank you Rcbjr for your help.

Chris

drich37072 no está en línea Stack level 1

Could someone post a picture of these themes before I go through this much trouble?

drumega no está en línea Stack level 1

BIG THANKS Seattle18. Just installed it now...and worked great. Was quick as well. Love the Zen theme. AWESOME!

By the way, I installed in on the 8700r (Rogers carrier - for those in Canada).

drich37072 no está en línea Stack level 1

Please...

sinjin007 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    This is how I got the theme to install. Over-The-Air:
    http://www.knology.net/~acidmax/blac...n/7100_zen.jad I sent this to my BB as an email and downloaded it.
    Ok I d/l the zen and today from this site but I do not see them on my theme list I when i tried to run either one of them i got an error msg.(sorry didnt write it down) I do not see them on the theme list. but I do see them in options>advanced options>applications. am I missing something or what?

thanks in advance for any help

tex402 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Wow.... I love the Zen theme.

11. Thank you Seattle!!!

The most useful theme I've ever used. Thanks again!

mda junkie no está en línea Stack level 1

I need a Life Saver right about Now. Im in the USA with a T-mobile 8700. I went to the link thats in the 1st post. What i was not aware of was that I had to download a specific file from Blackberry, I downloaded this one
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.1.141 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.2.1.141
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.2.1.91
    • Software Platform: 2.3.0.76
    • File name: 8700M_PBr4.2.1_rel141_PL2.3.0.76_A4.2.1.91_Bharti. exe
    • File size: 61.77MB
    When I was suppose to download this one:
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.1.0.280 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.1.0.280
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.1.0.284
    • Software Platform: 2.0.0.120
    • File name: 8700M_PBr4.1.0_rel280_PL2.0.0.120_A4.1.0.284_Bhart i.exe
    • File size: 45.0 MB
    • Date posted: 24-Feb-06
    Now Im getting an error "APP ERROR 205"...HOW CAN I FIX THIS???? PLS any one help

DoubleDizzle no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by mda junkie
    I need a Life Saver right about Now. Im in the USA with a T-mobile 8700. I went to the link thats in the 1st post. What i was not aware of was that I had to download a specific file from Blackberry, I downloaded this one
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.1.141 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.2.1.141
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.2.1.91
    • Software Platform: 2.3.0.76
    • File name: 8700M_PBr4.2.1_rel141_PL2.3.0.76_A4.2.1.91_Bharti. exe
    • File size: 61.77MB
    When I was suppose to download this one:
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.1.0.280 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.1.0.280
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.1.0.284
    • Software Platform: 2.0.0.120
    • File name: 8700M_PBr4.1.0_rel280_PL2.0.0.120_A4.1.0.284_Bhart i.exe
    • File size: 45.0 MB
    • Date posted: 24-Feb-06
    Now Im getting an error "APP ERROR 205"...HOW CAN I FIX THIS???? PLS any one help
    i'm getting the same error right now, and i downloaded the first one..

DoubleDizzle no está en línea Stack level 2

all because i'm stupid, i had the 4.2 desktop manager installed, and the 4.2 bharti software installed and that's how i got the errors..

SOOOO, i downloaded the 4.1 desktop manager, uninstalled 4.2, installed 4.1, and am now installing the 4.1 software to the device..

let's hope this works, this has been WAY too long.. haha.. no ones fault but my own..

rjedward no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

This happened to me when I tried to re-install the device software for the 8700r after wiping it (for the 5th time) - have I done something to the thing by wiping and re-installing repeatedly?

Quote Originally Posted by data1025
    I followed the instructions and get stuck at the part where you update your BB... the application loader wizard... i am getting an error saying "invalid configuration - the device does not have sufficient storage space to accomodate your selections - please select fewer optional applications." I have deselected the languages i dont need, and checked my bb and have 44MB of free space, but am still getting this error.

Anyone come across this before?

bbpvpn no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by data1025 View Post
    I followed the instructions and get stuck at the part where you update your BB... the application loader wizard... i am getting an error saying "invalid configuration - the device does not have sufficient storage space to accomodate your selections - please select fewer optional applications." I have deselected the languages i dont need, and checked my bb and have 44MB of free space, but am still getting this error.

Anyone come across this before?
    Has anyone else out there seen this problem before. Anyone ever find a solution? I'm having a very similar problem with the same error.

Thanks

~p

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast