Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~^Im having the same problem. I have os 4.1.0.284 on my BB, but ... 87xx Themes forum

easygesus no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Instructions for Installing Vodafone, O2, Orange & ZEN Themes (8700 ONLY)

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~^Im having the same problem. I have os 4.1.0.284 on my BB, but I can't find that shared folder. I did the hidden thing too.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~^Im having the same problem. I have os 4.1.0.284 on my BB, but I can't find the shared folder. I tried the hidden view too.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

easygesus, Welcome to PinStack.

Did you install the Desktop Manager and OS files to the default Folder? If not, the path name may be different. Did you download and install the specific OS file indicated in the first post? If not, do you see a folder that is similar to the shared folder, such as, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.286_P2.0.0.124?

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~nah, I didn't DL anythingm. Maybe that's y, cuz my phone came with os 4.1.0.286 so I just looked for the folder. Ill DL it later I guess.

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

I followed some instructions and I was unable to unlock several themes. I have the vodafone themes as well. I am now using the Vodafone Today theme, but what I am wondering is this the so called "zen" theme? The Vodafone Today theme is totally different and I really like the interface. This is the interface associated with the Zen theme to my understanding. Am I missing out on the "real" zen theme, or is the Vodafone Today theme where its at? Thanks.

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

nevermind!! I found a link to download the actual Zen theme OTA. I like it but I think I like the Vodafone Today theme better. With Vodafone Today there is a home screen that gives you your next two calendar events as well as some previews of text messages and e mails. With the Zen theme I feel like the whole screen is just wasted with some picture of a road. I like the Zen theme though, much better than just the standard theme that comes loaded on a 7250 or 8703e. However, I will be sticking with the Vodafone Today screen for a while I think.

bdg_ny06 no está en línea Stack level 1

Installing ZEN on an 8700c with 4.1 pre-existing...

Greetings all. Ok... I have an 8700c (cingular) provisioned blackberry and would like to install the ZEN theme. I checked out the instructions posted by seattle18, but face the current scenario... I already have the 4.1 software installed and would like to know if I can just pick up the install instructions from step 5... as follows... (any insight / assistance would be greatly appreciated here)...

----------------------------------------------------------------
    5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete or rename Vendor.xml

Ok... *but*... I don't have a "vendor.xml" file residing here... Can I
    assume that what I do have "device.xml" is representative of the
    same referenced "vendor.xml" file? Oh yes, this is the only .xml file I
    show in this directory...

6. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.284_P2.0.0.120 and rename BlackBerry.alx to BlackBerry.alx.old

This directory doesn't exist at all. However, I do have a
    blackberry.alx file that exists in my Blackberry JDE directory...

7. Download the BlackBerry.zip file below and unzip the file (BlackBerry.alx) to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.284_P2.0.0.120

Again, I don't have this directory at all, however, similar files exist in
    my Apploader directory... Can I unzip here?

Download the 'Blackberry.zip' attachment at the bottom of this post

8. Open Desktop Manager and upgrade when prompted (will take 20 or more minutes usually)

I'd prefer to avoid this altogether since I already have the 4.1
    system software loaded on the device...

In summary, I'd like to know if I can load the ZEN theme on my device without reloading the 4.1 software that I already have...

I believe melissaox posted a thread proclaiming success here:

I did not have to reload the OS, I just opened up a file and removed
    some code, then DM added the Zen theme to my BB. I am debating if
    I like it. It is different...

melissaox - would you be so kind as to post details of your experience... ie - which file did you open up???.... which code did you remove???

I'd greatly appreciate any insight here and am sure other cingular users that already have 4.1 loaded on their devices would benefit also!

My thanks to all in advance!
    Brian

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

One thing, you need to execute the Blackberry OS .exe file on your PC. Otherwise the File (Vendor.xml) and folder referenced will not be available on the PC.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

lolcano no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks, It worked!!! I just relized I can't seem to find the vodafone theme under themes? It's not listed, what I see is Cingular, 02, and Orange. But no vodafone

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

lolcano, Welcome to PinStack.

May not be in there, depending on which version of the OS you downloaded/installed. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

curthill no está en línea Stack level 1
    if I have a 8700C do I need to down load 4.1 for the g if not where do I start in the instructions? Thanks I know this has probably been said over and over
    I just want to make sure I dont mess anything up I like my blackberry alot
    I dont want to spend alot of time trying to fix it.Anyway if anybody can advise me on where to start in the instructions that would be cool I want those themes!

ok I got it to work 2 things it didnt put the vodafone theme on there
    and I have the zen theme selected and I like it alot but my LED light isn't flashing not a big deal, but I would just like to know nothing is wrong with my
    device.I went in to keyboard options and it says led is on.Any ideas??????

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    curthill,

Please allow some time for getting responses. As to the LED, Try Turning it Off, doing a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in), turning it back on, and doing a cold reboot again. Let us know if that works.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Sorry about that! I still learning how to do all of this.what about the
    vodafone theme?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    What OS version are you running? The Vodafone may not be included in it if it is too early a version.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast