Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Follow these steps precisely: 1. Backup your device. Then delete the phone log on your ... 87xx Themes forum

seattle18 Guest

Lightbulb Instructions for Installing Vodafone, O2, Orange & ZEN Themes (8700 ONLY)

Advertisement

Follow these steps precisely:

1. Backup your device. Then delete the phone log on your BB to shorten the Enterprise Activation and restoration process.

2. Download the Bharti (India) 4.1 software here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B999EC0D90D1FB (select "BlackBerry 8700g (TM)" then click "Next" and then "Download" and fill in the form on the following page to get the package)

3. Run and install the newly downloaded program.

4. Do not mark the option to open Desktop Manager when finalizing the install.

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete or rename Vendor.xml

6. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.284_P2.0.0.120 and rename BlackBerry.alx to BlackBerry.alx.old

7. Download the BlackBerry.zip file below and unzip the file (BlackBerry.alx) to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.284_P2.0.0.120

Download the 'Blackberry.zip' attachment at the bottom of this post

8. Open Desktop Manager and upgrade when prompted (will take 20 or more minutes usually)

9. Disconnect your BB, pull the battery out and reinsert after 30 seconds, then go to Themes and enjoy the new themes!

9a. Reset your device - alt/num/delete.

9b. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, click track wheel then select register now. This should bring back your browsers.

10. If you're on BES, then reactivate through Enterprise Activation.

11. Thank Seattle18.

12. Now go to the link in my sig to acquire background images to use in the theme.

13. You’re welcome.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hayden; 03-15-2006 at 07:16 AM.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Instructions for Installing Vodafone, O2, Orange & ZEN Themes (8700 ONLY)

Thanks seattle18 works great. I like how my emails are separate from my SMS and MMS.

I was a little hesitant at first but I must say that if you follow the directions step by step, you will have nothing to worry about!

BTW welcome to the 'stack!

seattle18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    Thanks seattle18 works great. I like how my emails are separate from my SMS and MMS.

I was a little hesitant at first but I must say that if you follow the directions step by step, you will have nothing to worry about!

BTW welcome to the 'stack!
    Thanks! Glad it worked out.

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I can clearly see that it is for 8700 only of course, but has anyone tried their version of 4.1 on the 7100 yet to see if it has any posative changes? I have it downloaded, but an leary about trying it....
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2

Im up and running man thanks!

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2

Seattle 18. Have only one issue. I try to hide applications in the Zen theme mode and it will not prompt me to save the setting or save the changes at all. Any ideas?

MrD
    MrD no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24277AFE

Thanks Seattle, worked like a champ.

One question - is there a way (and I'll search more here) to get rid of the Enterprise Activation as one of the links off the Zen theme (or rearrange them even)?

Thanks!

--Dope, just saw Debias' question and mine is similar. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to hide/rearrange the applications in the Zen theme.

MrD
    MrD no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24277AFE

Options, Home Screen...you can control the appearance from there.

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

What does this Zen look like? Do i have to reload the 4.1 software that i already have on here to have the Zen theme???

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I just did the upgrade and talk about freakin' awesome!!! I had been debating about doing this all weekend, until tonight. So had to try it out. And I'm a happy camper. Following the instructions made the process painless and easy. And my BB even feels a little faster. If you had doubted about doing this, if I can do it, so can you all. I've only been a BB addict for about 2 months.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I did not have to reload the OS, I just opened up a file and removed some code, then DM added the Zen theme to my BB. I am debating if I like it. It is different.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Yeah, it is different. the 8700g have the Zen code in the BB already (lucky). But i'm not sure if you take advantage of the different code in the upgrade, if there is a advantage. All I know is that she feels a bit faster and more responsive when I click on something or load a program. I'm liking it! Just got done rearranging my icons to my liking.

At first I was very unsure about not seeing my normal icons. The IM programs - Google Talk & Yahoo do not have thier pretty icon on the home screen on mine. Once I discovered teh convience key was changed to show me all the apps.... I think it might have won me over. I will give it atleast a few days and see how I like it.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

I am guessing you mean the extra volume. If my BB was any louder I would be getting in trouble. I have everything set to low and it still seems too loud sometimes... which is a better problem than the too quite on my 7100 before 4.1
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by ozrial
    I can clearly see that it is for 8700 only of course, but has anyone tried their version of 4.1 on the 7100 yet to see if it has any posative changes? I have it downloaded, but an leary about trying it....
    I gave up on it. Couldn't get it to load.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast