hello there>...if anybody could help me out with creating a wallpaper thru plazmic...I use adobe ... 87xx Themes forum

^iCemaN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E228F3

How to create a wallpaper and use in PLAZMIC?

Advertisement

hello there>...if anybody could help me out with creating a wallpaper thru plazmic...I use adobe photoshop to edit the size of the walpaper i try to use for creating the theme...the problem is no matter how small I make the size an error still occurs when i export it...it says that the wallpaper size exceeds 60kb but my wallpaper size is around 30kb...why is this happening? when i use the wallpapers that other people made it just works fine....im not really good with photoshop either...

Also, if anyone know where I could find icons for the blackberry? that would be great! hehe!

Thanks in advance!

devlol no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20405f33

Re: How to create a wallpaper and use in PLAZMIC?

I believe the size is 320wx240h.

Try to e-mail it as an attachment to yourself (the e-mail you use via blackberry) and then save it. Might work.

PIN/ID
    23E228F3

that's what i've been doing too...320 x 240...but when i email it and save it on the phone it doesn't show as full screen...what i really want to do is to use the wallpaper as part of the theme using PLAZMIC THEME CREATOR...thanks for the reply...

devlol no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20405f33

Well. I don't think it matters if you have a wallpaper or not for the theme. Just create your theme w/o a wallpaper, then upload. Then upload the wallpaper seperately. And when you choose your theme, change your wallpaper.

PIN/ID
    23E228F3

that's a good idea...thanks!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by ^iCemaN
    hello there>...if anybody could help me out with creating a wallpaper thru plazmic...I use adobe photoshop to edit the size of the walpaper i try to use for creating the theme...the problem is no matter how small I make the size an error still occurs when i export it...it says that the wallpaper size exceeds 60kb but my wallpaper size is around 30kb...why is this happening? when i use the wallpapers that other people made it just works fine....im not really good with photoshop either...

Also, if anyone know where I could find icons for the blackberry? that would be great! hehe!

Thanks in advance!
    In Photoshop, after sizing it for the 8700 (320X240), use the Save for Web function to save as a PNG. It will tell you what size the file will be. If it's too large using the PNG 24 Setting, use the PNG 8. In my version there is a button next to the Custom pull down that will let you specify the size limit, set it to 60K and it will work every time.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr

j1bo3 no está en línea Stack level 1

any one know the size of a 7250 screen

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

team_mom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I have attempted to create my own themes, and the only problem I have been encountering is the 60 kb for the wallpapers. I have tried to change the file to .png, .gif, .jpeg to no avail. It still says it's too big even though it's not. Seems like there would be a place you could "fix" pics to work. I would really like to make the screen for incoming phone calls to a picture, but that's where it kicks it back.

Also, I have the icons that are clear, but I wanted some that were invisible, no shadows.

Any suggestions?