i would really appreciate some help if anyone knows how to download mp3's from the ... 87xx Themes forum

guidotoledo no está en línea Stack level 1

creating mp3 ringtones from music library

Advertisement

i would really appreciate some help if anyone knows how to download mp3's from the music library on my computer to a blackberry. i have been a palm user for several years but i'm switching over to an 8700g from a treo 700p becasue the 700p is a piece of garbage that shouldn't be on the market yet. i had no problems with the 600 or 650, but....anyway, i can handle no longer having some of the amenities that come with the treo- touch screen, cameras, etc, the one thing i don't want to do without is the ability to create my own ringtones. so far i love the 8700, but i haven't been able to find anything in the owners manual or any third party software that makes this possible. thanks

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: creating mp3 ringtones from music library

I personally suggest you doing a search on here. There are tones of threads explaining about this, and ways to get around this...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You have to post them to a website and download them from there with you BB.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

thanks to all. cp6169 i appreciate the step by step instructions. you saved me a lot of trial & error time.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ your very welcome, did you make a few ringers? You can share them with other stackers!

i just got in from a road trip. i'll work on some tomorrow if i get some time to do some in my office tomorrow i'll do it then. if not it'll have to wait until teh end of the week because i'm back on the road wed. the ringtones i'm creating are all classic cartoons & sitcoms- loonie toons, merrie molodies, rocky & bullwinkle, woody woodpecker, etc on the cartoon front & three stooges theme, green acres, mr ed, etc from old sitcoms & shorts. i'll put the file names up once i get them on the coolservice website.

wow i just read my comment & i feel like a moron- i was a little scattered while writing (the road does that to me at times) but i'm sure you get the drift.

i just created a three stooges ringtone. the id # is 795704. let me know how it works out. i'll try to get a few done tomorrow.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Unfortunately I dont have a compatible BB for mp3 ringers, maybe some other stackers can download this ringer and let the rest of us know how it is! Thanks for sharing!

cp6169 if u can help me figure out what i'm doing wrong i would really appreciate it. i uploaded the ringtone twice and am not getting any sound. i edited the tone down to 20+ seconds & followed the instructions to the letter. when i try to play the tone in audio player mode, nothing happens. when i try to exit from there i get an error message on the phone that says "the page you requested was created using form data. this page is no longer available. if you resubmit the data, any action that was specified by the form will be repeated. do you want to resubmit the data?" i saved the ringtone, went to "show tunes" in profiles & picked the mp3. i get nothing but vibrate when i tried to call the phone. thx

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Give us the stats of your ringer. Bitrate, frequency, channel. Try to change those settings, fine tune them and your ringer should play. I dont have a BB that will play mp3's so I cant test them for you.