Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For some reason, I notice a couple of handicaps with Dimension Today theme compared with ... 87xx Themes forum

sanjeevjoshi no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Dimension Today vs. Vodafone Today

Advertisement

For some reason, I notice a couple of handicaps with Dimension Today theme compared with Vodafone Today. First, Dimension Today seems sluggish in response - for some reason, trackwheel feels sluggish when scrolling, not as fast. Second, the prominent Profile (at the bottom of the theme) cannot be switched out of any other setting except "normal" - for example if I set it to Quiet, I cannot pull up the profiles menu by clicking on track wheel to select normal again.

Anybody else notice these issues? Vodafone today works fast, but has really small text - hence I looked into using Dimension Today. Clock icon is much smaller, some of the icons like profile are hard to read. Dimension Today does not separate SMS messages from email, but I was able to work around it by setting LED indicator to repeatedly flash for SMS. Cannot get past the sluggish response or profile bug on Dimension Today.

Thoughts?
    :arrow:

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: BB Dimension Today vs. Vodafone Today

I was messing with my friends TMO and when that theme was active his BB was a slowsky. When I switched it everything was better.

Do you mean Dimension Today was slower than other themes? Thanks for the response

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Yes that is what I meant, sorry. I use the 7100i so Im not able to have those themes myself, so I played with a 7105t that had it, and it really made the BB perform slower while the Dimension Theme was active.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I use the Zen theme normally... did notice the problem with the profiles on the dimension today theme.... my vodafone today is not working tonight so i may have to try and put it back on this weekend.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I use the vad today cause the dimension is ugly the only thing I dislike is there is a glitch that gets your last sms stuck on your screen if its in the holster when u get the sms

thanks for the replies folks. It would be really cool if somebody exposed the source code for these themes so that interested folks could edit them. Is there a way to build a Today type theme from scratch? How much effort would it be, I wonder....

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevjoshi
    thanks for the replies folks. It would be really cool if somebody exposed the source code for these themes so that interested folks could edit them. Is there a way to build a Today type theme from scratch? How much effort would it be, I wonder....
    Coming from RIM, I doubt this will ever happen. They have yet to release source code on even their first themes, let alone newer ones.

As far as the Today theme being sluggish for some users, you have to remember those themes are cpu intensive, and were designed for the 870X and 7130X devices as they have faster processors then say a 7100 or 7105.

I do have an 8700C... Dimension Today is a lot more sluggish than anything else, hence the question.

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

I do have an 8700C... Dimension Today is a lot more sluggish than anything else, hence the question.
    Hmm Shouldnt be, especially on an 87XX series. I have plenty of those in my office, and also 7130e's, and it works great on all of them. No slowdowns. I would say its possible it could be related to your device then.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I've never tried the Dimension Today theme. I'm sticking with the Vodafone Today theme. I love it. As anyone heard of or found a way to change the font style on the Today theme? Just curious.

mzyvoloski no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D6E381

Quote Originally Posted by dlsolo
    I've never tried the Dimension Today theme. I'm sticking with the Vodafone Today theme. I love it. As anyone heard of or found a way to change the font style on the Today theme? Just curious.
    Settings -> options -> screen/keyboard -> change fonts there

gianni no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: BB Dimension Today vs. Vodafone Today

It would be really cool if somebody exposed the source code for these themes so that interested folks could edit them. Is there a way to build a Today type theme from scratch? How much effort would it be, I wonder....
    - Has anybody a "Today" type theme (i.e. Dimension Today Themes to share to be tuned with Plazmic Theme Builder ?
    - or do you have advice on how to develop that "Today" feature ?

Thanks
    /G

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by gianni
    - Has anybody a "Today" type theme (i.e. Dimension Today Themes to share to be tuned with Plazmic Theme Builder ?
    - or do you have advice on how to develop that "Today" feature ?

Thanks
    /G
    The thm file is not available for editing in the PTB. And when I asked Plazmic about changing banner indicators and such using a combination of the Content Development Kit and the Blackberry JDE, the response was that the APIs for developing changing things other than allowed by the PTB are not available to the general public. So until Plazmic includes this type of theme as a base theme in PTB, if they ever do, you are out of luck.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well that's straight to the point. Isn't it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast