Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would someone mind posting instrutctions on how to add the BB Dimension Today and Zen ... 87xx Themes forum

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question Adding BB Dimension Today and Zen via Blackberry.alx file?

Advertisement

Would someone mind posting instrutctions on how to add the BB Dimension Today and Zen themes by modifying the Blackberry.alx file (I assume it's similar to adding hidden vendor themes). I can see these themes listed right above the vendor themes but I can't figure out how to add them. I tried using directions from jibi posted 06/07/06 but I couldn't get it to work. 8703e w/ VZW by the way, any help would be appreciated.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Adding BB Dimension Today and Zen via Blackberry.alx file?

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the post dfc420, I'm aware of this how to and have used it to check out Vodafone, O2 etc. I don't understand how you can add Dimension Today and Zen via modifying this file. When your adding hidden vendor themes you simply change the vemdor code to match your carrier's. As far as I can tell there is no spot to modify the vendor code for Dimension Today and Zen (they're located just above the vendor themes). Anyone know how to solve this issue? Pardon the lack of knowledge, I'm still a beginner.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by mcgowan08
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the post dfc420, I'm aware of this how to and have used it to check out Vodafone, O2 etc. I don't understand how you can add Dimension Today and Zen via modifying this file. When your adding hidden vendor themes you simply change the vemdor code to match your carrier's. As far as I can tell there is no spot to modify the vendor code for Dimension Today and Zen (they're located just above the vendor themes). Anyone know how to solve this issue? Pardon the lack of knowledge, I'm still a beginner.
    Its ok we all start somewhere

In some cases when there is no place to add vendor ID I would simply add a little bit of code where needed Here is an example:

The code before (no place to add vendor ID):
    <fileset Colour="True" KeyboardType="Qwerty" Java="1.0" series="8700">

The code after:
    <fileset Colour="True" KeyboardType="Qwerty" Java="1.0" series="8700" _vendorID="100">

This works for me.

Hope this explains a little more.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    Its ok we all start somewhere

In some cases when there is no place to add vendor ID I would simply add a little bit of code where needed Here is an example:

The code before (no place to add vendor ID):
    <fileset Colour="True" KeyboardType="Qwerty" Java="1.0" series="8700">

The code after:
    <fileset Colour="True" KeyboardType="Qwerty" Java="1.0" series="8700" _vendorID="100">

This works for me.

Hope this explains a little more.
    Well I have it a shot and modified the text all sorts of different ways and couldn't get it to work. Oh well. I shouldn't be picky my device is working great using the OTA Zen link so I can't complain. Thanks for the help anyway, let me know if you have any other ideas.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Here is a real quick tutorial...

Open the blackberry.alx, scroll down to where it shows the themes. For the reduced do not touch the codes, for the qwerty just replace what code is in there with your vendor code. If there is more than one code replace all of them with just one of your code. Save the alx and run dm.
    If you have any questions feel free to pm me, yahoo me, whatever you need and Ill run you through it.

afezalio no está en línea Stack level 1

I having problem with this zen ting can anyone help me out

PIN/ID
    3056468b

i dont under the part with the vendor code, you can contact me at afezalio@aol.com or you can contact me afezalio2 on yahoo messenger

dont worry about that any more i use those links you posted. it is way easier then that whole vendor code bussines

nikosia no está en línea Stack level 3

well i tried those links but I'm having difficulty opening them...keep getting message that windows doesnt know where they came from etc. anyway...can someone link me an ota to those themes...the dimension, zen, vodofone etc?

Thanks

nikosia no está en línea Stack level 3

more specifically I'm getting an "xml syntax error on line 1".

any suggestions?

Tampa Fred no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been trying to upgrade the theme for my BB 8700c, mainly to take advantage of the phone improvement. I was following the instructions from Sinsonddog's pdf file on Blackberry tips. I downloaded and installed the latest Desktop Manager software (version 4.2.1.8). When I get into the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\ - there is no Shared folder - and consequently no Blackberry.alx file. I searched the entire C:\Program Files folder for any .alx files and found nothing.

Is there something I did wrong when I upgraded the OS? Not sure what to do at this point.

thanks for any advice

Dean

fighterjocke no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa Fred
    I've been trying to upgrade the theme for my BB 8700c, mainly to take advantage of the phone improvement. I was following the instructions from Sinsonddog's pdf file on Blackberry tips. I downloaded and installed the latest Desktop Manager software (version 4.2.1.8). When I get into the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\ - there is no Shared folder - and consequently no Blackberry.alx file. I searched the entire C:\Program Files folder for any .alx files and found nothing.

Is there something I did wrong when I upgraded the OS? Not sure what to do at this point.

thanks for any advice

Dean
    Dittos Dude, I had an 8700 that had Zen listed in the themes out of the box. To me it was the most user friendly of those available. That phone crapped out and today I got my warranty phone and guess what! No Zen! So I started researching and found you guys. Like you Tampa Fred, I to did all the above and could not the shared folder or the .alx files. Somebody help me find my Zen!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast