Ok, I have a 8700g, on T-Mobile. I want to be able to have ANY ... 87xx Themes forum

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Question 8700g and specific ring tones / profile exeptions...

Advertisement

Ok, I have a 8700g, on T-Mobile. I want to be able to have ANY profile set, BUT, when certain people call a certain tone will be heard...
    Now, before you jump, hear me out. I know how to do this, BUT, is it possible to have it that when my profile is set to VIBRATE, that exception rule does NOT take over?
    Imagine being in a meeting, and you have it set to vibrate, and the wife calls, and then you hear, 'Welcome to Jamrock'! I don't think the other partners in the meeting would be too happy, do you? LOL

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8700g and specific ring tones / profile exeptions...

Mine does not ring when the vibrate or quiet profile is selected. I believe the only thing it does is change the tune played. So if your active profile only vibrates, there will still not be a tune played.

When looking at an exception in the profiles part on the BB (I am on an 8700) I see a Use Profile area which is set to Active Profile. As long as it is set that way it will only play your tune if the profile it is on is set to play a tune. Hope that makes sense, its late
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Wait, am confused. Presently, I have 'vibrate' as the active profile. And I've got one exception, if the wife calls, play, 'Welcome to Jamrock'. But, I just tested it, and it still played, outloud - LOL

I also called the mobile, and blocked the number, and it vibrated like it's suppose too, strange...

Look at the exception - edit it - and see what you have under "use profile:" if it is not "Active Profile" you will have a problem

If you set the custom tune in the address book it is set to active profile. The only time you can change this is if you add an exception from the profiles area.

Of course it could be different on a different OS.

Just double checked mine to be sure - it vibrated, no tune played. Double check the profile too, I have changed my vibrate to play a tune by accident. Took me awhile to figure it out.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Melissaox - I got it! I looked at the options again, I had to have the exception set to 'active profile'. I did not have that! Thanks for that...

Glad it worked. Was worried I wasn't making as much sense as I thought. I should get to bed. Should being the key word there
    My Blog , My Flickr