Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there any way I can get the Cingular theme on my 8700 if I ... 87xx Themes forum

sftonyt no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8700 Cingular Theme

Advertisement

Is there any way I can get the Cingular theme on my 8700 if I don't have Cingular?

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: 8700 Cingular Theme

download the 4.1.0.309 OS

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Sure is:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_themes.html

It's not for the faint-hearted though. Most, if not all questions about how to do it are in that thread.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

You have seen the Cingular theme right?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    You have seen the Cingular theme right?
    I personally don't like it.

Shadow Shots no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CFAF4F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~This morning I awoke to find the Cingular theme installed on my BB desktop! Not only is it ugly,(IMHO), but the browser icons, among others,were missing! I was not amused. I live totaly wirelessly off of the "grid" and i-net access is pretty much vital to my livelyhood. After talking with a level 1 tech for about 40 minutes I finaly got to a level 3 and the issue was resolved. They had no explaination as to how or why this happened. Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen to them?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

sftonyt, Welcome to PinStack.

Do you really like the Cingular Theme? Most people ask how to get rid of it. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sftonyt no está en línea Stack level 1

I had a Cingular 8700 for three weeks, and when I went to port my Sprint phone number, I found out about the Sprint 8703 so I took that and stayed with Sprint. I had gotten used to the Cingular theme, it is plain and I use this for business. I gather that no one else likes it, but I don't like the colorful cartoon themes offered on my device. I would still like to get my hands on the Cingular theme.

I did download the 4.2 OS. My desktop is updated but I can't get the OS into the BB. I wasn't technically up to the challenge of rewriting the script on my BB to unlock the other themes as suggested.

Thanks for any additional suggestions anyone may have!

singlespeed no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you aren't alone. I like the cingular theme for the same reasons you listed

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by sftonyt
    I wasn't technically up to the challenge of rewriting the script on my BB to unlock the other themes as suggested.
    If this is the case, then your not going to get the Cingular Theme on your 8703. It really doesn't take that much to edit the file to open it up thought. and if you make a copy of the blackberry alx file before you edit it you can always go back just by putting it in the original folder.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Ok, if you don't want to edit the files, you can always take a pic of white wall or something with a digital cam. Put on the web and import it. Then set the pic as your wallpaper. I assume the background is what you have a problem with regarding the themes

moskatl no está en línea Stack level 1

Please Be Patient

I am using 8703e from Verizon and am interested in using some of the themes offered by Cingular, T-Mobile and Sprint. I know my vendor code is 105.

I just don't understand what I am suppose to do once I go get to the Blackberry.alx file. I can find the file, I just don't understand what to do afterwards.

Please don't flame me, just trying to access additional themes and can't quite understand the detailed instructions. Thanks

buckshotnd no está en línea Stack level 1
    moskatl - If you open the file with Notepad, do a Ctrl-F on series="8700". For each instance found, if there is a tag on that line (or on the next line, before the next > mark) that says _vendorID="xyz", where xyz is a number or multiple numbers divided by the | sign, delete the whole _vendorID="xyz" tag. This will effectively remove the restriction of that theme to a certain vendor's hardware. If you then save the file, connect your BB to the computer, and run the application loader, the newly-unrestricted themes will load to your device. At that point, you will be able to select any of the available vendor 8700 themes.

martacr no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: 8700 Cingular Theme

When I tried to download a third party ringtone from the browser I allways get the same message.

"The requested page can not be displayed".

I tried with several ringtones services and neither worked but when I download directly from Cingular Media Net there is no problem?

Marta

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast