Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

See....you've now made Pinstack rock again with your review BHP! Lol Well done!... Product and Application Reviews forum

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Advertisement

See....you've now made Pinstack rock again with your review BHP! Lol Well done!

khaddem no está en línea Stack level 2

Question awesome review

BHP77 you wrote a good review. You answered some of the questions i had about this phone. Can you use MS words, Excell Spreadsheet, powerpoint and MS outlook emails? Can you edit and view docs? I am a bb user for years and i like the fact that i can switch between languages when i text and write email or chat on my bb. Can you do the same on the Nexus? I speak french, German and English and i want to make sure that i can do chat in french, email in english and text in german just by switching between screens. How has been your experience with the tech support team? Does it have a light sensing software like the bb? How is the google map on it? How many gig memory does this phone have? can you increase it? Can you put a media sd card to increase memory?
    Please, give us more updates as you spend more times with this phone.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    idk about switching languages, looking forward to the answer of that one
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by khaddem View Post
    BHP77 you wrote a good review. You answered some of the questions i had about this phone. Can you use MS words, Excell Spreadsheet, powerpoint and MS outlook emails? Can you edit and view docs? I am a bb user for years and i like the fact that i can switch between languages when i text and write email or chat on my bb. Can you do the same on the Nexus? I speak french, German and English and i want to make sure that i can do chat in french, email in english and text in german just by switching between screens. How has been your experience with the tech support team? Does it have a light sensing software like the bb? How is the google map on it? How many gig memory does this phone have? can you increase it? Can you put a media sd card to increase memory?
    Please, give us more updates as you spend more times with this phone.
    I haven't been able to switch languages between screens, only have been able to select a main laguage that i want to use. Doesn't mean it isn't posible but i haven't figured it out yet if it is. Tech Support?? I havent called tech support for at least a year and a half and then i got all the way to tier 3 at RIM, plus thats what Pinstack is for ,Yes it has a light sensor and proximity sensor. Maps, this is hands down the best Google Maps you will use, you also get Google Navigation which is on par with every other major GPS Navigation provider and its FREE. Can't beat that with a stick. Memory onboard is a paltry 512MB and comes with a 4GB card but is expandible up to 32 GB. I will get back to you on the Word Docs and outlook emails. I plan to write a follow up this weekend since I've spent a little time with it now so any questions shoot them out. AZSTAR- haven't had time to hunt down some links for you just really busy.

Question N1 and UMA

Hey BHP77, thank you for your answers. I feel a little bit more educated about the N1. My questions is like most bb, they easily access hotspots or home wireless network via UMA. Can the N1 access the internet thru your wireless network at home or at borders or any places with internet access? I don't want to be go back to the EDGE if i don't have 3G but i am closed to a hotspot.

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    I haven't been able to switch languages between screens, only have been able to select a main laguage that i want to use. Doesn't mean it isn't posible but i haven't figured it out yet if it is. Tech Support?? I havent called tech support for at least a year and a half and then i got all the way to tier 3 at RIM, plus thats what Pinstack is for ,Yes it has a light sensor and proximity sensor. Maps, this is hands down the best Google Maps you will use, you also get Google Navigation which is on par with every other major GPS Navigation provider and its FREE. Can't beat that with a stick. Memory onboard is a paltry 512MB and comes with a 4GB card but is expandible up to 32 GB. I will get back to you on the Word Docs and outlook emails. I plan to write a follow up this weekend since I've spent a little time with it now so any questions shoot them out. AZSTAR- haven't had time to hunt down some links for you just really busy.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Yes you can access wifi just like any other smartphone is able to. No issues there. No UMA though. I wish it had this feature because my basement is like NORAD and just happens to be where my office is at. Sorry for the long response time. Its sometimes better to post and send me a pm also.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

PIN/ID
    Apple
    So, after a a good month now I must say that I'm wire pleased with the android system in general. What ever you device may be I think it offers something for everybody. The nexus it self has been a great phone and from someone that uses his phone for business it stands up to the task. It does have its quirks that I could use a fix for, specificly the contacts issue that seems to be present in every android device. Something that Google needs to address and something that I'm sure they will. Batter life is still the same, gets me through day and a quick charge on the way home in the afternoon prepare me for the night. I love the screen but it has become apparent that fingerprinting and scratches to the screen protector can become a hassel on a sunny day out side. This definatlly could be better. A good as the screen looks sometimes I wish it had a LCD instead of LED. A night there's no comparision but lets face it, most of us don't work at night. There seem to be slight miss with the home buttons also but I'm not sure if its intentional or not as I have no issue with them but I do hear( and see a lot of Droid fork) pointing it out. Typing is not bad at all and I'm just as quick and accurate with my nexus as I am my iPhone. This thing suits my needs perfectly and I couldn't ask for a better everyday and everything device. I love the feel of it, sleek and sexy. This is my issue with the Droid, that although a great device it just looks horrible to me. ( please don't beat me up to bad for that comment). It does seem that 2.1 has a Fe issues that they need to iron out but overall I would recommended this handset over any others out there.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Can you get an anti-glare screen protector for it? I have that on my iPhone and I hardly get fingerprints or glare. It's great!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I tried one for the itouch and just cut to fit. It does work good but there are some downsides to it also. Might just be the one I was using. Which one are you using?

I'm using the one from ATT. I know ATT? But the antiglare protector from ATT is the BEST. I had to get one off of eBay for my daughters iPod touch.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Do you still love your Nexus One? How is email on it? Any problems with push? Can you use other accounts besides gmail?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Yea, still the best phone i've had. Loaded the desire ROM on it a few days ago so the devs are working on fixing some bugs since its still a alpha ROM there pulling from but it is fast,stable and the little bugs are not noticeable to me because i don't use those features that much. No email issues and push is fine. Yes you can use other emails other than gmail it just takes a little tinkering, something i think most of us like . with the Desire ROM it is easier to sync an exchange account if you use one. I'll go look today at ATT to see about there anti glare protectors. I bought one from an apple store for an itouch but i didn't like it as much because it took away from the screen quality.

N1 functions

How is the phone usage everyday: answering calls, conference calls, multitasking while on the phone, navigating between apps while talking on the phone. How is the response time when opening apps and the internet surfing? So since your basement does not have reception, how is the sound when using wifi to make calls? Can you use outlook email and sync it? can u use other IM apps like yahoo msger, msn msger? How is the transition from wifi to Edge when you leave a wifi area while talking on the phone? Does the phone keep up with updates over the air? I am also interested to know if this phone has as much useful apps as the iphone?
    Last question, what do you think of the new HD2 phone coming up for tmo?

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Yea, still the best phone i've had. Loaded the desire ROM on it a few days ago so the devs are working on fixing some bugs since its still a alpha ROM there pulling from but it is fast,stable and the little bugs are not noticeable to me because i don't use those features that much. No email issues and push is fine. Yes you can use other emails other than gmail it just takes a little tinkering, something i think most of us like . with the Desire ROM it is easier to sync an exchange account if you use one. I'll go look today at ATT to see about there anti glare protectors. I bought one from an apple store for an itouch but i didn't like it as much because it took away from the screen quality.

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Great review!

Any word on MS Office?

james347 no está en línea Stack level 1
    review of the Nexus One is great one, lets hope that the phone will too do good in the market of smartphones. There are very strong competitors in the market from Apple, Nokia, Blackberry and others to name few..

Last edited by azstar; 03-09-2010 at 09:11 AM. Reason: spam link removed, NO SPAM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast