Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

After a few days with the iloome flexglass, I have to say its pretty good. ... Product and Application Reviews forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

iloome ScreenMate Flex Screen Protector

Advertisement

After a few days with the iloome flexglass, I have to say its pretty good.

Looking at the device you'd have no idea its there. That's not an exaggeration. It's edge to edge on the nexus. The only way I realize its on is if I accidentally swipe over the speaker cut out. If you look hard you can see something is there by the cutout but that's because I'm a smidgen off on alignment.

The galss has a tacky feel that is wearing off quickly, leaving a slick feeling of bare glass behind. Overall much better than a plastic protector and nearly identical to bare glass.

I don't recommend for the G2. The G2 has rounded edges where the glass meets the frame. Since its too costly to create a custom rounded edge the iloome stops short of covering the entire screen. I never applied the protector to the device, but just laying it on top it was clear that it would annoy me.

Customer support was good, not great. I'm not thrilled I have to pay return shipping but that's how it is. They were a little slow on getting return authorization but did in the end.

I'll recommend it. Different devices may fit differently so be sure to test before removing the wrapper from it. It comes in a clear plastic baggy that is easy to test without opening. Once you open...its yours unless defective.
    RogerG and Delfim like this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Moved here since it's a product review.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Nice one Jay. Now do one for the iPhone 5!

Sure, send one over.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    There!

Don't buy one of these.
    More soon. Have an ongoing email with support. Scratches easier than a $2 protector. My nexus has scratches all over the screen just from being in my pocket.

Ugh. Now you tell me. lol Have one I haven't put on the device yet.

Cassie has one that's doing well. May just be mine. Sorry. Just noticed. I ordered one for the N7 as well. Haven't read this happening too much
    RogerG likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I wanna see how and what your pocket lining is made of.

Apparently I keep sand in my pocket.
    Wish I could afford several different types and brands of protectors and do a comparison review.

I'm starting to believe this 8h 9h advertised hardness is smoke being blown up consumers skirts.

There is no way I have had anything in my pocket or on my fingers that would scratch 8h. Just not possible without me knowing it.

I warned them that if I start seeing scratches on the One or N7 I'm looking for a refund. Especially the N7 that will have a case with a cover.

The N5 looks like I scraped a brillow pad over it. As of 4:48 est I haven't had a reply to email. They wanted pics, but that's hard to get. Going to try tonight or in the morning.

Update:

Received a terse (well sounded terse to me) email. I am a Valued Customer, and as such I received a refund for my N5 screen protector,

Cassie's has no blemishes or scratches, and is beautiful on her phone. I installed the N7 and its great so far. I will say that it is very difficult on the N7 to get a perfect install. I got it, but it took anot half an hour to accomplish.

Perhaps my N5 is defective I'm toying with repurchasing and trying again.
    RogerG likes this.

Update:

Received the same protector for the nexus 7. Again almost impossible to tell it's on the device. I will say that plication on such a large surface is very difficult, but I attribute that to the nature of large screens not the product. If you go with this for the nexus or another tab here are some tips.

1. Get the environment as dust free as you can. I was able to eliminate any dust but it was tough.
    2. Take your time. It's a no brains but rushing will lead to many a foul word. I suggest you not do it after working all day.
    3. Hinge method works, but you have to be careful. Wash hands. Use alcohol based cleaner of possible.

I have had some issues with the N5 version but I've decided to repurchase and try again. They refunded the first so I believe I'll give it another go. Will update if I have the same problem.

Ugh. Dust. I have a Spigen glass protector on my Note right now and there 4 or 5 dust particles stuck under it that drive me nuts. I want to try the iLoome, but like you said, it's so hard to keep the area dust free.

I've heard of people seaming up the bathroom then installing. Never been willing to try that with all the moisture in the air.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast