Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PapaMag
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

I have flashed and ran quite a few different ROM's on my tablet, a lot ... ASUS Tablets forum

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

Nexus 7 Running CM 10.2 4.3 OS

Advertisement

I have flashed and ran quite a few different ROM's on my tablet, a lot on 4.2 OS and now running CyanogenMod 10.2 nightly's. I as I'm sure many started out with CyanogenMod and now I'm back because it is so stable and most all ROM's are using the CyanogenMod base to build off of anyway.

It's really nice because Goo Manager let's me know of the updates which to no surprise nightly. I don't flash this one every day but every few days just to keep up. Nothing fancy about CM 10.2, the basics with a very stable kernal and interfaces. Below is some screen shots I just took with my tablet to show a little about the systemUI.

Screenshot_2013-09-05-15-57-07.jpg Screenshot_2013-09-05-15-59-07.jpg Screenshot_2013-09-05-15-57-25.jpg Screenshot_2013-09-05-15-57-33.jpg Screenshot_2013-09-05-15-58-04.jpg

Like I said nothing too fancy, but very stable. So if you are rooted and want a great start. Be sure to check this one out.

Enjoy

jfcooley likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    My OCD makes me download new nightlies once they're up.

I've flashed the CM 10.2 for my device but I've grown accustomed to what AOKP and the like have added.

So far 4.3 is just OK. I'm running carbon and it's good, but I loved rootbox. Nothing has been smoother but it hasn't updated to 4.3 yet. Looks like the Dev got a new job and that takes priority.

Still flash a touchwiz every now and then, but I end up missing things and go back after a few hours.

PapaMag likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I liked Carbon as well, TouchWiz just doesn't compute for me, and for some reason I never tried Rootbox. I ran the AOKP's on both devices for quite awhile, but when they delayed nightly's when prepping for Milestone 2 I got edgy and bolted. Now that I got the latest TWRP I may go back and check a few more of the 4.3 out.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well mister Jay I just noticed that they put up a 4.3 Carbon ROM. I flashed and letting it settle in now. I'm not sure what may be different from 4.2 as I didn't run it much. Thought I would let you know

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Yeah, have been running. Haven't changed sig cause hoping rootbox will update.

4.3 is OK. I wanted to try active notifications.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I figured you have seen the Carbon 4.3, so is RootBox a S 3 thing don't know if I've seen much in the Hercules Forum

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Its on a few devices. Its one of those AOKP, CM, Paranoid combos. Its smooth, and I think pretty stable.

I've been toying with going back to it, bit Carbon is doing pretty well. Who knows what I'll do.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I wish I could get HellyBean on the Nexus, I really like the SlimPIE and AppBar features. I have a SideBar app but SlimPie I really haven't found on too many ROM's not sure I've seen one for the Nexux 7.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

If an AOKP ROM is available look into ribbons.
    There's a setting that allows slide in menus from right/left/bottom as well as on the lockscreen.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Thanks Jay, I am familiar with Ribbons and such, just not real interested in using this type of feature from the lock screen. With HellyBean I can run everything from the Home Screen without a app showing or using the app menu.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color