Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

the caller id sent your mail and texts give a number followed by a name ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Re: youmail.com question

Advertisement

the caller id sent your mail and texts give a number followed by a name of who is calling... it just states your name if you send the voice call to voicemail yourself

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

I did not notice that. I will have to test it next time I get a call that I want to ignore..

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

i get the voicemails....in wav file...and i dont pay anything....rather cool deal. however, i do have the permanent voicemail icon
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    i get the voicemails....in wav file...and i dont pay anything....rather cool deal. however, i do have the permanent voicemail icon
    How do you even get the voicemail icon...it shouldn't be giving you the icon at all if all your calls are getting forwarded correctly. Since my switch I have never got a voicemail icon. Just my email with the message.

justin.hylton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241AA7C9
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Dude, you probably have a message waiting for you on your blackberrys original voicemail.

Brickhouse73 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    i was wondering if i could chage the way i get my text...its coming up: "VM from 555-555-5555. call to listen" wut i want to happen is ...i want instead of the number showing, i want their name shiwn...so instead of :VM from 555-555-5555" i want "VM from john" showing....does anyone know if this is possible...

This is really easy to do. Just add that caller to your list of contacts in YouMail and you'll begin to see their name. Also, many times you'll find that YouMail will reverse lookup the contact's information from the network and provide the name even when their not in your address book.

Hope that helped.

Brickhouse73 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    How do you even get the voicemail icon...it shouldn't be giving you the icon at all if all your calls are getting forwarded correctly. Since my switch I have never got a voicemail icon. Just my email with the message.
    YouMail works differently depending on which carrier you have. AT&T is the most open network and allows you to strike the MWI. On the other hand, Sprint is the least open network and I'll leave it at that. ;-)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickhouse73 View Post
    YouMail works differently depending on which carrier you have. AT&T is the most open network and allows you to strike the MWI. On the other hand, Sprint is the least open network and I'll leave it at that. ;-)
    Huh? I'm not understanding. What are you talking about "open". AT&T is not an "open" network. Currently there is no "open" network. Until or if even Google gets the 700mhz spectrum then that will be open.

Anyways all I was saying was if you have it set up correctly you should never be getting a voicemail from your traditional voicemail that's provided by your carrier. The setup works the same on each carrier. It is just forwarding all your calls to Youmail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12