Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i was wondering if i could chage the way i get my text...its coming up: ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

youmail.com question

Advertisement

i was wondering if i could chage the way i get my text...its coming up: "VM from 555-555-5555. call to listen" wut i want to happen is ...i want instead of the number showing, i want their name shiwn...so instead of :VM from 555-555-5555" i want "VM from john" showing....does anyone know if this is possible...

also....i wanna be able to personalize my VM greeting...i dont want callers to hear: "you have reached ....blahblabhblah" any way i could change that?

thanx.....if these two things could be changed it would make that feature so much better

thanx in advance

PIN/ID
    ask

Re: youmail.com question

disregard the greeting portion of this thread...lol...i figured out that all i had to do was set it up....DUHHHHHHHH!!!!.lol

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

As far as text, unless you have an unlimited texting plan why not have them emailed to you in .wav format so you can listen to them on your BB?

PIN/ID
    ask

nevermind...im not satisfied with this service...too many unneccesary text messages for just one voicemail....how do i cancel my account and return back to my original VM?

I don't receive any text messages since I turned them off in youmail. Just go to My Settings > Phone Settings and turn off text messages, then go to Email Settings and set attachments to .wav and make sure to add you BB email since it delivers faster unless you want a copy on a PC email addy

tj2311111 Guest

Ive been using Youmail for a long time. Totally satisfied with the service. Unlike you I didn't set it up to receive texts but emails when i get a voicemail. Works like advertised with the emails.

PIN/ID
    ask

let me give it another shot..i just hate getting bombarded with text's. . .

another things..in my little tantrum i sorta kinda deleted my pin...is there anyway to retrieve it?

Use the lost PIN link on the main login page

Also, best thing about this is not having to call in to get my VM

tj2311111 Guest

Doughdaddy,

Is the email with the .wav file included, free or is that a premium service? I only use the email to let me know who has left a VM not with a .wav attachment. If its free I might as well add the .wav file to the emails.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

if you have email setup, it sends you an email, you may get email spam aswell

so what i did was just filed it under spam and still receive one text per one voicemail

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    Doughdaddy,

Is the email with the .wav file included, free or is that a premium service? I only use the email to let me know who has left a VM not with a .wav attachment. If its free I might as well add the .wav file to the emails.
    They quote that the email version is the free alternative to text messages about new VM's

Quote Originally Posted by guyheavensent View Post
    if you have email setup, it sends you an email, you may get email spam aswell

so what i did was just filed it under spam and still receive one text per one voicemail
    What up guy? Get my spam??? LOL
    Their agreement when signing states they will not sell or distribute your email addy so I better not get spam and so far haven't

PIN/ID
    717cff09

no i meant it alerts your email address when you get a voicemail along with a text message to the phone, he maybe getting the email spam sent to phone also

and yes i got your spam

PIN/ID
    717cff09

i noticed also it states the name of the caller unless u send the caller to the voicemail by pressing the red end button, other wise it will state their number along with your name instead of theirs... for me anyways

and yes i got your spam
    Sorry I couldn't resist after the comment last night. I was just in one of those "I need a laugh" moods.

If he wants to disable the text and save the charges he can just recieve the emails with the VM included, that saves the calling in fee on your minutes also. Personally I hate getting SMS messages since I have email and BBM on the BB

i noticed also it states the name of the caller unless u send the caller to the voicemail by pressing the red end button, other wise it will state their number along with your name instead of theirs... for me anyways
    Not sure if I am following you on this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast