I have been reading through a lot of these threads regarding 8100 new owner's experiences/complaints/issues/endorsements ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cdup no está en línea Stack level 1

Yay or Nay

Advertisement

I have been reading through a lot of these threads regarding 8100 new owner's experiences/complaints/issues/endorsements and I have seen a lot of people comparing the 8100 with other 8 series bb's. My question is regarding the 7105. I have recently purchased this phone and I am still within my period to return/swap for another one. To the owners of the 8100, would it be worth the upgrade to this phone that I am obsessed with (8100) from my current one if I am already completely satisfied with the one I have? Will I be blown away with the new one ie: does it do everything and more? and why/why not?

Thanks for the reccomendations, I am sure that this would assist me in finalizing my decision, amongst others' decisions, in switching over.

I would appreciate, also, a direct comparison with the 71xx or 7105 in particular to guage my opinion please. Thanks again.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Yay or Nay

In my opinion, I would ditch a 71 series phone for this in a hearbeat...

I won't be ditching an 87 series, but to me, I had a 7105 before the 8700, and this one blows the 7105 out of the water.

Thanks I have read a lot of your posts regarding the phone, and I appreciate your quick response. I am very happy to hear that as well because my heart is set on it

Thanks again

cdup

gkatmar no está en línea Stack level 2

I have had a 7100t, 7105t, 8700g, and now the 8100. I would have to say the 8100 is by far the best BB in my opinion. Does take some getting used to, but it is the s*it.

325inewbie no está en línea Stack level 3

nay - i wasn't pleased with it - i would stick with your 71xx - the pearl is very cool but feels too much like a toy (not sturdy) and its just too small

bready no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2446C5F4

I had a 7100 before the 8100. One thing that is very noticeable for is the speed. Scrolling through webpages and messages is quite a bit faster than the 7100 (not just loading speeds, I mean scrolling through links, pictures, etc. They have improved the key layout and suretype slightly. The 8100 is smaller than the 7100 (and looks better than it IMHO).

Another thing I was semi-conscerned with is the speaker phone. I am satisfied with the volume of the one on my 7105. How does it compare? The 7105 is about the quietest that I would want. This is certainly not a dealbreaker by any means, but I would like a nice speaker.

Thanks again for all of the input.

Cdup

supraz no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've never heard speaker phone on a 7000 series but its not that loud. My t809 was a lot louder

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Speaker phone volume is average at best.

Its a design flaw. The speaker in the rear is covered up and for some reason they thought that the little slot at the top rear of the phone would be sufficent enough.

If someone comes across a dummy pearl, let me know because I want to buy the back plate off of one and drill a hole where the speaker is.

feelmaroon no está en línea Stack level 2

speaker phone volume. true. but. this phone trumps the 71xx series by leaps and bounds. the keyboard is much more responsive and the programming is different and more intuitive. the native scrolling maps of all streets in the u.s. is a crazy sweet feature no one seems to be talking about. the camera is solid and sending attachments is a great feature. your drive shows up once you put the microsd card so you never have to take it out while still having instant usb access to it. edge speed is fast (wap bookmarks). cop one. you'll be pleasantly surprised. only downside i could see is if someone has big hands. otherwise, pretty much the best smartphone out now. by far.