Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536 LastLast

Originally Posted by funku hi has anyone had trouble with opera mini after upgrading to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: YAY New OS - Rogers 4.2.1.94

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by funku
    hi has anyone had trouble with opera mini after upgrading to Rodgers 4.2.1.94 - i cant seem too connect onto a network for some reason even though i can thru the normal browser the pearl comes with - can any one help out?
    try running opera mini, go into menu, tools, settings and run the network setup. it will run through 11 different things and that should allow you to have internet. at some point it will pop up and ask you if you would allow opera mini to run over internet, choose 'yes'. the first time you ran program you might've accidently choosen 'no' and that is what kept it from being able to connect after that.

the fact you're able to run regular BB browser gives me the feeling it's just a permission issue.

-edit-

lol, guess I was too late.

funku no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E4ABBD

Ok here's a better question how do I keep the backlight on - when I'm surfing the net and reading if I'm not active with the pearl it first dims and then eventuallly the backlight goes off, any way I can keep this on infinetly? Thanxs

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by funku
    Ok here's a better question how do I keep the backlight on - when I'm surfing the net and reading if I'm not active with the pearl it first dims and then eventuallly the backlight goes off, any way I can keep this on infinetly? Thanxs
    try BBlight, not sure if that's what you're looking for. But usually all you have to do is hit a button and it should stay on. Or you can turn up the time it will turn off the backlight. Go to options, screen/keyboard and change the Backlight timeout settings.

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3

okay i finally got the time to load this on my BB and now i have no space!!!! before i plugged it in i still had like 27 pic left on my Device memory (my Media cards jacked but thats another story!!). After the update i can't save anymore pics!!! Any ideas why?? My File free is 12,735,720 Bytes!!

PIN/ID
    STACK

Where are you trying to save it to? If you're trying to save it to your media card and your media card is "jacked" up then wouldn't your first priority be fix the media card?

It sounds like you need to do some spring cleaning. Start taking out stuff you don't need.
    Also please clarify the error you get when trying to save, then we can help you a little better.

Good Luck
    ~red

PIN/ID
    245A99C3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Gah, sorry for the lack of info! I've been messing with this for sometime now!
    When I try and save to my device memory it says "file system full" I know getting my card working would be a great alternative but still wouldn't get to the root problem of having no space left only after I got the new OS. This morning I had plenty of space so I just wasn't sure what I could do now?
    (oh and I started my spring cleaning before I loaded it... Got rid of some apps that I never use and other clutter)

PIN/ID
    STACK

Try cleaning out your browser cache. Open your browser and go to Options and then Cache Operations. Maybe a battery pull too.

Post back let me know
    ~red

PIN/ID
    245A99C3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmm I posted but it didn't go.... Anyway, I cleared my cache, history and then deleted 12 pics (all of which were taken on my phone previously)did a battery pull and now I have room for 4 pictures. Any other ideas? I'm about to say forget it and go back to my old OS!!

shayne63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20E0D453
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    TanBucsFan: it should have restored those things (it did for me but apparently not everyone), but if not I would just do the "Restore" option with the most recent backup file you have.

Will that make you go back to the old os that you had? Guess not right , it just restores watever data you had onto the new os? Is that right. After thinking bout it seems like that's common sense Lol. I think I'm gunna do the upgrade. I'm scared shi#less but ill try. I'm gunna try tonight. Get off work @ 11.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by shayne63
    Will that make you go back to the old os that you had? Guess not right , it just restores watever data you had onto the new os? Is that right. After thinking bout it seems like that's common sense Lol. I think I'm gunna do the upgrade. I'm scared shi#less but ill try. I'm gunna try tonight. Get off work @ 11.
    This is bar none my favorite ftr of the BB. This is the whole reason i first got one. You cannot break the software on the phone. You can only really screw up and lose all your info which sucks but is better then a phone that the S/W fritzes every 3 days ie MDA, TREO, IPAQ to name a few.

PIN/ID
    245A99C3

Lightbulb Re: YAY New OS - Rogers 4.2.1.94

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Try cleaning out your browser cache. Open your browser and go to Options and then Cache Operations. Maybe a battery pull too.

Post back let me know
    ~red

WOW... i'm a total idiot... thinking back on what else might have happened when i got the new OS and oh yeah... i unlocked all the themes and thats where all my space went!!! Geez I feel stupid!!! Here i've been stressing about it all day thinking i screwed something up and it was a simple fix!! Thanks for all your help anyway!!!

*~*Holly*~*

P.S. i fixed my Media Card... i had a corrupt pic on there!!

PIN/ID
    20E0D453

hey i onon if this is dumb but i want to unlock some of the vender themes and i went to program files/common files/ research in motion / shared/loader files/ and no i need to no which one of these do i change the blackberry.slx do i change the 2.2.0.41 or do i change the 2.3.0.77 they both have the blackberry.alx so im not sure lol. probly stupid but thanks if you can tell me

shayne

PIN/ID
    20E0D453

and just cuz im curious what is the difference between those two anyways, seem like the got all the same stuff in em

PIN/ID
    20E0D453

how long this hour glass spose to last lol

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

What is the difference in 4.2 Rogers or any other? Seems 4.2 would be 4.2. Noob here, sorry
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1