Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

I need help, My friend wants to go back to her original OS. Where can ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jesse0422 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: YAY New OS - Rogers 4.2.1.94

Advertisement

I need help, My friend wants to go back to her original OS. Where can I find the original Pearl OS at????????? She says, she's having reception problems ever since I upgraded her phone, but I'm not having any problems. I think this new upgrade is great.

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Goto the carrier's website to get the recent version of the software tested and released for that carrier.

OS upgrade shouldnt cause dropped calls though?

As far as i can see my Pearl has been working great since the update no problems yet.

I do find my memory card takes longer to load up then before.. but no big deal.

Looks like a stable and great update to the device.
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

jesusrios no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F4DF9F

Just upgraded to the new OS. Works fine...My pearl"unlocked" service is through Cingular, and wanted to know if that would be an issue? It seams that everyone is using TMO. I am Running Opera, Google Maps, Color Ball, Custom themes, games, expecting the worst. First time OS update.

Thanks,
    Jesus

DunkHype no está en línea Stack level 3

i cant seem to install my rogers? when i load up my dm and app loader. it says ( error in application information file "c:\documents and settings\(myname)\desktop\8100m_pbr4.2.1_rel148_pl 2.3.0.77_a4.2.1.94_rogers.exe") there is an xmlsyntax error on line 1. any one know? and i just dl'd the new dm from tmobile earlier.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by DunkHype
    i cant seem to install my rogers? when i load up my dm and app loader. it says ( error in application information file "c:\documents and settings\(myname)\desktop\8100m_pbr4.2.1_rel148_pl 2.3.0.77_a4.2.1.94_rogers.exe") there is an xmlsyntax error on line 1. any one know? and i just dl'd the new dm from tmobile earlier.
    I think you need to delete the vendor.xml file. Go to PROGRAM FILES-->COMMON FILES-->RESEARCH IN MOTION-->APPLOADER-->VENDOR and delete. Should start right up!!

mlvidal no está en línea Stack level 1

The only thing I've come across that I don't like is that I can no longer delete my email messages from my BB and it deletes them from my yahoo inbox at the same time. I've talked to others, and apparently it was rare that I was able to do it in the first place so I guess I shouldn't really complain about it

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by mlvidal
    The only thing I've come across that I don't like is that I can no longer delete my email messages from my BB and it deletes them from my yahoo inbox at the same time. I've talked to others, and apparently it was rare that I was able to do it in the first place so I guess I shouldn't really complain about it
    as for just simply deleting them from yahoo try this:
    Go to Messages / menu / Options / Email Reconciliation
    make sure it has your yahoo account selected for Message Services (if that is your primary email account you use)
    then on Wireless Reconcile: ON

Then delete an email from your BB that should also be deleted from yahoo and hit Menu / Reconcile Now... then check your yahoo and see if it did it or not.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

projectzero no está en línea Stack level 2

Also check under email reconciliation that delete on: is set to either prompt or mailbox & handheld if that's what you want.

juanv1122 no está en línea Stack level 1

need some help here... i have downloaded the new os and its sittin on the desktop on my pc and the phone is pluged in via usb.. how do i load it onto the pearl????
    Last edited by juanv1122; 05-21-2007 at 05:06 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by juanv1122
    need some help here... i have downloaded the new os and its sittin on the desktop on my pc and the phone is pluged in via usb.. how do i load it onto the pearl????
    juan - you need to install it to your PC

then go to program files/common files/research in motion/app loader/

delete the vendor.xml file

plug bb in to usb and launch desktop manager

if you did everything correctly, then it will prompt you and tell you your OS needs to be installed....

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

Quote Originally Posted by juanv1122
    After you have downloaded the file, here's what you do.

- Close the desktop manager and unplug your phone from the usb.

- Open your 'My computer' -> Local C: drive -> Program Files -> Common Files -> Research In Motion -> Application Loader.

- Look for a file called vendor.xml and delete it

- Run the OS file that you have on your desktop

- When it completes, it will prompt if you want to start your desktop manager and go ahead and select Yes.

- Now make sure your phone is connected to your usb port

If you have done this correctly, desktop manager will detect that a new OS is being updated and simply follow the instructions. Just make sure your DM connections had previously detected your BB and do not unplug your BB from the usb cable during the process.

94explorer no está en línea Stack level 2

There is 23 pages of just about the same question, "oh my god ive spent three hours now trying to upgrade my software, please help!"
    Maybe this will answer questions again for people who are not sure if you should upgrade. If you can't use a computer, and know how to find files as such, you should not try it. This is a very simple process, on a scale of 1-10 this is a 2. Compaired to doing other tasks on the phone, or unlocking vendor thems! For example. Have a friend do it, or READ the instructions word for word! If you can't find the files needed, then your not taking the time to read!
    Sorry its hard to help around here! Had to vent
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by 94explorer
    There is 23 pages of just about the same question, "oh my god ive spent three hours now trying to upgrade my software, please help!"
    Maybe this will answer questions again for people who are not sure if you should upgrade. If you can't use a computer, and know how to find files as such, you should not try it. This is a very simple process, on a scale of 1-10 this is a 2. Compaired to doing other tasks on the phone, or unlocking vendor thems! For example. Have a friend do it, or READ the instructions word for word! If you can't find the files needed, then your not taking the time to read!
    Don't sweat it man. I understand your frustration, but it's all apart of the community. We were all noobs once, sometimes it's just easier to ask than reading a 20 page thread. Society now days is all about instant gratification! But we are all here for the same thing; To learn more about our BBs!

We would rather be helpful then telling someone to search. It usually just takes a minute or two to answer their question anyways.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Quote Originally Posted by 94explorer
    I am with you, EVERY thing needed to do the job is listed in this thread or the one on .66 TIM. PLease take time to read the answers to the questions others have asked before asking the same question again. Threads get to long or we wind up with 50 threads on the same subject matter.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

KJinTexas no está en línea Stack level 2

I've read about 18 pages of the thread and frankly, I'm tired so - yeah I skipped to the end .... but I'd have kept reading if I needed help!

The upgrade was smooth and simple - I didn't have any issues (well except for the $3.53 Million I lost in Kings II) but I can win it back.

I upgraded from Cingular 4.2.0.71 and let me tell you - I did it all for the Alarm Clock upgrade !!!
    I use my bb as an alarm clock and in the old version if you failed to hit snooze it was done - at least with 4.2.1.94 it keeps nagging..... The calculator was a nice bonus because the old one sucked and Desktop View in the browser Rocks!

I haven't noticed any problems - day1