Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by zippys i'm useing .94 and opea mini and i have to do ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: YAY New OS - Rogers 4.2.1.94

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by zippys
    i'm useing .94 and opea mini and i have to do a battery pull each time b/c opera frezzes up anyone esle haveing this problem??? i might have to go back to .66 b/c opea mini works fine there ..
    I have just tested Opera with Wikipedia. Works great...
    Last edited by Founder; 05-17-2007 at 07:01 AM.
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm using Opera on both my Pearls....one with the Rogers OS and the other with the 66 Telstra....and it works super fine with both of them. I find the Rogers OS a tad bit faster and less quirky than the 66. I'm actually waiting for the rumored Tmo upgrade to materialize to upgrade from the 66 and if it doesn't happen in the next few days I'm going to upgrade my 2nd Pearl to the Rogers OS too!

aeroboy02 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF29B4

thanks for the update on the new os

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    mys - i have the same issue...and i have the seidio ext slim battery...with heavy bbm use, the battery will die half way thru the day (its all my friends fault, right ) im thinking i have a faulty battery...
    This is a brand new battery, just got it. It's not that extended life battery, just the regular one. And yeah, this new OS is just eating it. I'm not running any custom themes, and I've taken off all but a couple of my 3rd party apps. Since I have 5 batteries, I'm just having to make sure I keep them all charged, and carry a couple with me. If it doesn't resolve, I'm downgrading back to TMO. It's just not that great of an OS that I couldn't live without it. Now that WES is over, I expect TMO to be putting out an upgraded Pearl software in preparation for the new releases later this summer. Makes sense anyway.

ram100987 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEA9F9

I believe there is a thread about saving battery. Make sure all unused apps r closed by holding alt and pushing escape, also turn off Bluetooth when not in use(turning off Bluetooth gave me almost a full day) and many other thing and see if that helps. I get 2 to 3 days of life w moderate phone and internet use. 1 1/2 to 2 w heavy use and I'm using the newest Roger release~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    it can be done using javaloader but I do not know the steps... but it is on the forums here. As for using DM and deleting the .cod files... it's easy. Just drag the files from the folder into the trash can. Connect your BB and run DM (make sure it is closed when you are deleting the files so it sees the change). When your BB is connected just run application loader and it should say it is removing some files (the .cod's you deleted). It's pretty quick, not like the initial install.

If a boo-boo happens, just restore the files from the trash can and re-connect BB to add them back.
    Tried it out today in the office and worked great. There were lots of cod files but I think I got the right ones. Thanks for the help.

reynalthomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D0DA0

hey does anyone know if it lets you keep all the cool new ringtones introduced by teh TIM update?
    "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -- Albus Dumbledore

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

it's nice to see a lot of the little bugs are fixed, like not getting an error msg when typing a www. link in bbm.

curious, what's the difference b/t running jivetalk over bis instead of tcp? while running over bis, I noticed it allowed me to receive MMS.. also why don't other mobile messengers allow a choice b/t the two?

mikjonf no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CFE2B

Hey All.........just wanted to throw out a quick comment I noticed after update the OS. When I am in my Inbox, I noticed that at the top under the clock it now says "Searching for Network" -- I have a network connection and that is the only screen it shows up on. If I go back to the main screen it goes away and if I go into any other application or view it is not there....only when the Inbox is open.
    Anyone else see this?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

which in box are you refering to email or sms?
    I don't have it on any inbox.
    could be your theme? which theme are you using?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Fluke????

After this upgrade....

-Inside blackberry maps, when i start my gps, and select a destination for directions, the second i select map view, the application quits with java exception.... On a reload of the app it works fine...

-While connected to my bluetooth speakerphone I got a call, and after the first ring the phone rebooted. This only happened once.

I have the globalstat gps puck... i won it free from blackberrycool contest. I highly recommend it.

Other then that all is well with this os, i no longer get the illegal character input error when i type alot in a message which is good.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

I had thought I read somewhere in here that with this new upgrade you could send voice notes in BB messenger. I haven't been able to do so thus far, just wanted to check and see if I need to set it up on my phone for that or what. Thanks!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

while you are in a conversation hit menu and you will see a section for send voice note, haven't used it yet but give it a shot
    does that help?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by mikjonf
    Hey All.........just wanted to throw out a quick comment I noticed after update the OS. When I am in my Inbox, I noticed that at the top under the clock it now says "Searching for Network" -- I have a network connection and that is the only screen it shows up on. If I go back to the main screen it goes away and if I go into any other application or view it is not there....only when the Inbox is open.
    Anyone else see this?
    I saw another thread about this, I am thinking it is a theme issue, or a 3rd party issue (meaning a combination of the programs you have installed together). I have a custom theme and this has not happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    I had thought I read somewhere in here that with this new upgrade you could send voice notes in BB messenger. I haven't been able to do so thus far, just wanted to check and see if I need to set it up on my phone for that or what. Thanks!
    yep, it's fun. Let us know if you find it under the menu
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    I saw another thread about this, I am thinking it is a theme issue, or a 3rd party issue (meaning a combination of the programs you have installed together). I have a custom theme and this has not happened to me.

yep, it's fun. Let us know if you find it under the menu
    I tried sending to bb messenger in voice notes and it only gives me the option of MMS. What am I doing wrong?