Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by clary33 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Ok one things guys I can't send mms ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: YAY New OS - Rogers 4.2.1.94

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by clary33
    ~via BB
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok one things guys I can't send mms to anyone anymore is there a way to fix dat?
    check to make sure you have the MMS service book... it should be under Options / Adv. Options / Service Book - and say "MMS Transport" and "MMS Client"

if not just re-send them (either log into your BIS account, or use the Register Now under Options/Adv. Options/Host Routing Table)
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    yep^^

themes are def a big contributor. if you are running a custom theme, for sure...if the themer included any sort of transparent menus, the theme will cause the bb to run slower too.

anything running in the background will also make it run slower...

and lastly...if you actually had a 'bad' install...it can happen - wipe and reload if it really is slow, because it should be literally lightning fast

I have noticed that about the themes. I try not to have alot on my phone and the ones that make my BB move slow i delete off. It is not lightning fast but it hauls butt .

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    glad it worked out for you. Did you reinstall everything or did you go with a bare install? Let us know if you find a program or theme or something that creates issues when you install it back.
    I wiped it clean n re-installed the OS without any 3rd party apps, then restored my data & then re-installed the apps.
    I did notice that when I was having the problem before I kept getting some error msg about the colorball app, don't know if that was why or not, but my baby is moving!

Ty ty ty!

bafil no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246de862

Ok so I tried this new OS and sure enough I had the same problem that I did with 1.66, which is that during a call all of a sudden my pearl locks up and I cant hear the other person or they cant hear me and I have to do a battery pull to fix it. I really like 1.66 and this new OS also but I guess I will have to stick with .73 until this gets fixed.

Anyone have any suggestions for me on how to resolve this issue???
    d:)
    F!L

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

Switched back to Cingular verson tonight. The Rogers version was really slowig me down. I haven't seen that much hour glass action since Windows 3.1!
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

cdncableguy no está en línea Stack level 2

Things are going well for me now except that autolock isn;t working. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but still nothing. Any one else?

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum
    Switched back to Cingular verson tonight. The Rogers version was really slowig me down. I haven't seen that much hour glass action since Windows 3.1!
    wow - what theme did you use (and what others did you have installed), how about 3rd party apps?

hostl no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    hostl - no on the unlocking

what OS were you running prior to the upgrade? just wondering...
    I dont know what i was running prior to upgrade. I think it was the latest from T-Mobile cause I have only had it for a couple of months.ohh i do notice that i cannot open attachments anymore on my messages. I am so glad i found this place because this place has giving my BB a new light. i am doing things now that I didn't know I could do with my BB, plus this is a cool community.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i think you had a bad install...the attachment service can be added back by running app loader and making sure that the box next to the attachment service is checked...

the suretype is VERY enhanced compared to the OS you were using. you can send a voicenote now in bbm as well as the addition of a new smiley. can't think of any other diff.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by cdncableguy
    Things are going well for me now except that autolock isn;t working. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but still nothing. Any one else?
    no problems here...had it before and it works fine still

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Strange...
    Rogers OS seems to have a life of it's own. On one Pearl it's perfect, on other it's like dragging, on other there's no MMS, on other...
    I had trouble installing, with bunch of errors. I sorted that out, installing component at a time.
    Had funny screen - it was my error not installing ANY theme (yeah, I managed to do even that). Solved that too.
    Restored data. Reinstalled applications.
    Lost MMS - but this is BES / IT policy limitation, not OS problem. At least on my Pearl.
    Now JiveTalk works trough BES settings (great job, BeeJive. How did U managed THAT? With autoconfiguration?)

And still I don't see much difference from previous version I was using...
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Ok I've gone through the posts as best I could before posting this question.

I did the download and everything seems to be fine but I lost all of my messages, do I have to reinstall them with my back-up or something?

Also I lost all of my BB contacts, I know that's been talked about before but is there any solution to getting them back? Or do I have to readd everyone?

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

TanBucsFan: it should have restored those things (it did for me but apparently not everyone), but if not I would just do the "Restore" option with the most recent backup file you have.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    TanBucsFan: it should have restored those things (it did for me but apparently not everyone), but if not I would just do the "Restore" option with the most recent backup file you have.
    Cool it worked, thank you Cliff!

zippys no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

i'm useing .94 and opea mini and i have to do a battery pull each time b/c opera frezzes up anyone esle haveing this problem??? i might have to go back to .66 b/c opea mini works fine there ..