Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

i'm loving this new OS. battery life really is much much better with this one.... BlackBerry Pearl forum

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

Re: YAY New OS - Rogers 4.2.1.94

Advertisement

i'm loving this new OS. battery life really is much much better with this one.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Quote Originally Posted by angeleyes
    i'm loving this new OS. battery life really is much much better with this one.
    Ok yeah. That's funny. Cuz my battery life has gone to crap. Anyone else? Lollie is having the same issue.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Actually yes, Before I had 2 days or so but now I don't. I had orignally attributed it to the ColorBall/ColourPearl apps I had been reveiwing, but it's still happening. Last night at 10pm I was at 15%... Something is definitely different and I'll post when I figure it out...

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

mys, really???? wow

makija no está en línea Stack level 3

did the update few days ago, only problem i had with it was my jivetalk wasnt working or wouldnt connect. That was due to having an older version after quick update of jive everything was working better then fine for now

thx to all

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

mys - i have the same issue...and i have the seidio ext slim battery...with heavy bbm use, the battery will die half way thru the day (its all my friends fault, right ) im thinking i have a faulty battery...

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    did you try doing a clean OS install, meaning do not use the "backup" option during the upgrade.. instead just let it wipe everything then SLOWLY re-add everything, your backup file (make one manually just don't use the automatic one because it pushes it back onto the BB after upgrade) and 3rd party apps, one by one? It did it with the defaultly installed themes too?
    Ok well i did the fresh install as well and it still said the same thing.
    I wiped the handheld and started all over.....

and bingo!
    i finally got it to work....im as happy as a pig in dirt!
    I could hug you!
    Thank you once again.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Blukrystlz
    Ok well i did the fresh install as well and it still said the same thing.
    I wiped the handheld and started all over.....

and bingo!
    i finally got it to work....im as happy as a pig in dirt!
    I could hug you!
    Thank you once again.
    glad it worked out for you. Did you reinstall everything or did you go with a bare install? Let us know if you find a program or theme or something that creates issues when you install it back.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by shadow63
    Why is it that some people have no problems with the new OS and some do. Is it Carrier specific or when the phones were released or what? I have the new OS on mine and it is running great (knocking on wood lol). Just been wondering about this.
    I would attribute that to the themes, 3rd party applications (a specific one, or combination of a few together), or something each individual is running since it is not consistent for everyone right now.

hostl no está en línea Stack level 1

I was finally able to get this on my BB but have not noticed any difference at all, but thx to all that helped. But now I have another question. Before I installed this new OS I had called T-Mobile and they walked me thru unlocking my cell phone and was wondering if now that I installed the new OS if I needed to perform the steps again for unlocking my phone?

PIN/ID
    ATA

hostl - no on the unlocking

what OS were you running prior to the upgrade? just wondering...

PIN/ID
    ATA

I would attribute that to the themes, 3rd party applications (a specific one, or combination of a few together), or something each individual is running since it is not consistent for everyone right now.
    yep^^

themes are def a big contributor. if you are running a custom theme, for sure...if the themer included any sort of transparent menus, the theme will cause the bb to run slower too.

anything running in the background will also make it run slower...

and lastly...if you actually had a 'bad' install...it can happen - wipe and reload if it really is slow, because it should be literally lightning fast

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2

read back in the thread, the PTT thing has been discussed as far as how to get rid of it (if you do not pay the monthly service fee of course). Yes it is using memory (by running and by being installed)
    Thanks. Read your posts earlier in the thread but I'm a little confused. If I delete the cod files, do I need to reinstall the software? How will it know to remove them from my BB? I would prefer to do it directly on the device or via DM if possible. Any suggestions?

clary33 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok one things guys I can't send mms to anyone anymore is there a way to fix dat?

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by EricScott
    Thanks. Read your posts earlier in the thread but I'm a little confused. If I delete the cod files, do I need to reinstall the software? How will it know to remove them from my BB? I would prefer to do it directly on the device or via DM if possible. Any suggestions?
    it can be done using javaloader but I do not know the steps... but it is on the forums here. As for using DM and deleting the .cod files... it's easy. Just drag the files from the folder into the trash can. Connect your BB and run DM (make sure it is closed when you are deleting the files so it sees the change). When your BB is connected just run application loader and it should say it is removing some files (the .cod's you deleted). It's pretty quick, not like the initial install.

If a boo-boo happens, just restore the files from the trash can and re-connect BB to add them back.