Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

I tried doing that Erica....no luck. Did the old battery pull...still no luck! The Bluetooth ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: YAY New OS - Rogers 4.2.1.94

Advertisement

I tried doing that Erica....no luck. Did the old battery pull...still no luck! The Bluetooth on/off icon's disappeared. Anywho, no big deal 'cos I'm going to the Rogers OS tomorrow....I really like it!!!!
    Sorry, I don't have a solution for you as I don't have a BB data plan and so don't know anything about that....

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i hate this os it totally sucks! If and when you hit me up on messenger, tell me who you are since bbm has a freakin mind of its own and is renamin people midconvo!

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

ok all is good again, reinstalling it now gives me the email recon option hehe

eaglesoccer no está en línea Stack level 1

Just sitting here on "Wait for device initialization" ... this is such torture

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i hate this os it totally sucks! If and when you hit me up on messenger, tell me who you are since bbm has a freakin mind of its own and is renamin people midconvo!
    it's not renaming people on it's own. They have changed their names, and your bb is recognizing that. I had the same thing happen. my buddies said that yes, they changed their names from what was originally in there.

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

mine has done it before to stacey. i thought i was talking to a friend of mine, and it was someone else that i had dleeted off my bbm. lol

upgraded the OS, lovin it so far!! also unlocked the vendor themes.

nik0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    it's not renaming people on it's own. They have changed their names, and your bb is recognizing that. I had the same thing happen. my buddies said that yes, they changed their names from what was originally in there.
    Stacey was talking to someone else and MY name came up... so it's not using the proper names for the buddies.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

~via BBwwwwwoooowwww check out the calculator it looks nice . I wish I could use google maps with this update. I love the new look of it
    ccap.pinstack.com)~wwwwoooowwww

falconbrad no está en línea Stack level 1

Downgrade to which OS version?

Alright, so as much as I want to love this new version, I can't. Biggest gripes are the extreme slowness (for example, why do I have to wait for 3 seconds for someone's number to show up in the quick-search phone view?), alpha dialing screwups, and myFaves app issues. I constantly need to reset the phone because it hourglasses even as I try to scroll between app shortcuts on the main screen. That's strange.

On the flip side, I love the fact that, having moved from T-Mo's official 4.2.0.64, I no longer have to wait for 3 seconds to speak after I answer the phone. The new text prediction and SMS/Email separation are also very nice. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm giving up more than I'm receiving.

So my question to all of you who have the most recent OS and have been upgrading to the ones before it, what OS should I be using? The Cingular .89 release (that one fixes the answer delay, right?)? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
    Brad

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

brad - not sure why you are getting the hourglass - my pearl is fast as lightning.

have you tried the battery pull? sometimes if mine starts lagging a battery pull will fix it right up

BluT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24192DD3

I have to say, mine is a whole lot faster also.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    very sorry to hear that... I wonder if it is something to do with a corrupt upgrade. you said something about it would not let you do a backup/restore so wonder if something is "incompatible" or corrupted during the upgrade. I would install fresh then add programs back and you should be fine
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

Mine is lightning fast and battery life has increased too. I love that I can run jive talk and multiPlayer without any problems and all functions are extremely responsive. I have some issues with my other Pearl that I am runnig the TIM/Telstra OS on!

falconbrad no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah, I've tried everything I can think of. I'm just going to downgrade to the Cingular OS and hope for the best.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Brad you try resending service books and all that jazz?