Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by sharky77uk Does anybody know how to turn PTT off. Ever since the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: YAY New OS - Rogers 4.2.1.94

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sharky77uk
    Does anybody know how to turn PTT off. Ever since the upgrade, it seems that PTT runs at all times. The TIM upgrade did not have this. I dont think PTT takes a lot of memory but I still would like to turn it off since I dont use it.
    just a little research takes you a long way ;-) you can not turn it on or off... either you have it on the phone and running or you remove it completely (so if you pay for PTT service do not remove it).
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...emove_ptt.html
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

sharky77uk no está en línea Stack level 2

Trust me I always do my research b4 posting so yes I had read the post about getting rid of ptt files and I have it setup like that currently. Maybe I wasnt clear in my earlier post. I dont want to remove PTT as I am in the process of deciding whether to sign up for it or not. I was just wondering if anybody knew how to stop running it all the time

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    It's not even listed. No wonder I can't find it. LOL The only one there is for TMobile US.
    I have 2 TMO zen themes, ones the US and the other one I think is the UK. It's all pink and stuff. It's much cooler. Were you able to unlock it?

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

So I installed the new OS on one of my Pearls....what a difference that made! Its fast, its zippy and I love how all the applications I use just hum along with this OS. I use Opera mini and it loads pages in seconds flat whereas before I had to reload and do a battery pull every day before I got somewhere with it. I am running the Cingy 73 on the other phone and I have major problems with browsing on that phone too. I was running the Vodafone 61 on this phone. It is a huge difference and I have yet to find anything wrong with this OS. Tomorrow I'm going to install it on my other phone...

shimey no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by bafil
    Im willing to try this. The only problem I had with the TIM Italy ver 1.66 was that during a call it would drop and my Pear would freeze. The only way to clear it would be by doing a battery pull. It sucked!!!! cause I was in the middle of some important calls a few times. Thats why I downgraded back to the Cingy .73. Maybe I'll be the test monkey on this one.
    Beat you to it. Had the same problem occasionally on the Tmo Italy OS and hoped it would be remedied with this one.

Too bad it coincided with negotiations for a new job. Dropped 4 calls in a row to different people I was calling about references. 2 dropped calls with the HR manager.

THIS close to throwing my phone against the wall. I can't explain how completely aggravated I was.

Downgraded to the Cingular .71, and so far everything is good. Slow and with auto-dim, but calls seem to be fine.

CLIFF NOTES: Dropped/dead air calls on Tmobile Italy OS. Hoped it would be resolved with this release. It wasn't. Living with Cingular .71

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

I saw my saved messages has its own folder. Has that always existed?
    Also, after deleting my DOD root certs, my pearl gives me two error messages when booting up.
    Strange

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bghs no está en línea Stack level 2

Do I have to uninstall the previous Desktop Manger and then install this latest version or do I just install the lastest version normally and it'll overwrite the previous version?

And if I do do the update, would I lose all my SMS messages and call logs?

Helmdawg no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ haven't had any issues with this upgrade.I'm glad the Bluetooth on and off icon is back which the Tim Italy didn't have.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Downloaded the os unlocked the themes and saved it. However my dm isn't locating it when I plug in the phone what did I do wrong?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

I'm pretty sure that the PTT runs concurrently with all the other background apps like mail and phone and bbm ...

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado

Downloaded the os unlocked the themes and saved it. However my dm isn't locating it when I plug in the phone what did I do wrong?
    try rebooting your PC
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Tigiress15 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by glenbrgss
    I just upgraded and its moving faster, but is anyone else having the hour glass pop up for seconds (10-15 sec)at a time for at least 10 min. after phone has been reset. When I had .166, after a hard or soft reset it took at least 2 min before all the functions would work without the hourglass popping up every other second. A little insight would be helpful. Other than that I love it, the vendor themes are great too! Thanks for the help in advance!
    I'm running into the same issue...

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

Question Re: YAY New OS - Rogers 4.2.1.94

I posted this in the other thread maybe somebody here has an answer:

Has anyone had a problem with their themes?
    When i try to use the one i had on it before the upgrade, i get a error msg saying:

Warning: An unexpected error has occurreed during initializing.
    Some elements may not display as desired.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by cynox
    is this upgrade only for "Rogers Wireless Inc" Customers like written on the blackberry download page or can anyone (like me a a1 (part of vodafone) customer from austria) use this upgrade?
    I installed it on a US T-Mobile BB Pearl. I had used the TIM Venezuela and Telstra OS's previously. I was a little leery of this too since I had read somewhere that Rogers uses CDMA (or am I thinking of another carrier?).

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

HERE WE GO AGAIN. Here's a major bug I found that I THOUGHT I had gotten rid of. I went to type the link to show someone my new chair (the link won't work on a BB, by the way) and as soon as I typed the link (with and without the www), my Pearl froze once again. Had to do another battery pull. I SWEAR I did not have this problem with my 7100 series.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-12-2007 at 10:03 PM.