Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

this version is awesome!! So much faster, a couple interface changes, texting is a little ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sliptech no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: YAY New OS - Rogers 4.2.1.94

Advertisement

this version is awesome!! So much faster, a couple interface changes, texting is a little different and more efficient, and most importantly, ITS FASTER. This version is less buggy too, I can type as fast as i want and won't get a Java error in my address book! I'm happy

mobilehavoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ec80a2

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it isn't possible to sync via BlueTooth yet. Reboot your BB (take battery out, hold power button down and wait for 30 seconds, then put the battery back in) and it should run faster.
    Ummm...I've been syncing my Pearl via BT for months now. Before with .73 and now with 1.94. After I upgraded, I didn't even have to repair or re-setup. I just turned on BT on my laptop, and loaded desktop manager...it asked me if I wanted PIN (my BB's pin) to connect and I said yes. Done.

The best part of using BT sync with DM is that it seamlessly transitions between USB and BT. i.e. If you have it connected via BT and you plug it in to USB, it transitions to USB connection with no issue. Then if you unplug the USB it switches back to BT. It's very slick, no other phone vendor has anything like it.

Love syncing my Pearl while it's in my pocket...without BT sync I used to only sync once in a blue moon, now I do it whenever I feel like it
    8100c - Personal on BIS
    8700c - Work on Corporate BES

"Only 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't"

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B

I just upgraded and its moving faster, but is anyone else having the hour glass pop up for seconds (10-15 sec)at a time for at least 10 min. after phone has been reset. When I had .166, after a hard or soft reset it took at least 2 min before all the functions would work without the hourglass popping up every other second. A little insight would be helpful. Other than that I love it, the vendor themes are great too! Thanks for the help in advance!

Jesse0422 no está en línea Stack level 1

okay, I'm new to this but this sounds interesting. I downloaded the new OS what do I do next.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

OK, I dont remember what I did the last time I upgraded....will I have to re-add all third party apps? Shoot! I have games that I dont remember where I got them from. What about pics? Will it delete them?

pavilioncrew no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anybody wish RIM would let everyone know what the upgrades consisted of?

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    OK, I dont remember what I did the last time I upgraded....will I have to re-add all third party apps? Shoot! I have games that I dont remember where I got them from. What about pics? Will it delete them?
    I did the upgrade and did not have to reinstall my 3rd party apps. Just put the serial back in for the registered ones. Also my pics, ringtones and games are fine. Hope that helps.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by pavilioncrew
    they do. there is a pdf file that corresponds with the software downloads. You load it up and read it and it tells you what's what.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by pavilioncrew
    not sure where that pdf is that was spoke of, but I do wish they would create an email list for people to join and be notified of OS updates
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

hey if your on this new OS can you check in your "Messages" options General Options if your handheld can win? cuz mine can't, and I live by this so if this OS won't allow my handheld to recon it's not for me. let me know if there is something I did wrong????

mersel27 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204bdf18

Quote Originally Posted by laz
    hey if your on this new OS can you check in your "Messages" options General Options if your handheld can win? cuz mine can't, and I live by this so if this OS won't allow my handheld to recon it's not for me. let me know if there is something I did wrong????

hey if check instead under "email reconciliation" you will find the option for handheld wins

Tigiress15 no está en línea Stack level 2

Restore commencing now...I can't wait to see the changes everyones talking about!!

bafil no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246de862

Im willing to try this. The only problem I had with the TIM Italy ver 1.66 was that during a call it would drop and my Pear would freeze. The only way to clear it would be by doing a battery pull. It sucked!!!! cause I was in the middle of some important calls a few times. Thats why I downgraded back to the Cingy .73. Maybe I'll be the test monkey on this one.
    d:)
    F!L

cristian_aga no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey everyone,

I've been browsing the stacks for help since February when I got my first Pearl (awesome phone!!!). Thank you so much! You guys have helped me tremendously. I was always looking to learn or discover something new in order to share with everyone else, but some of you are really ahead of the game. Anyway, I think I noticed something that might address this issue:

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    In the pre-loaded media, there is a folder called "folder icons". Has anyone figured out what to do with them? I thought you could use them to make new folders, but doesn't give any options other than set as homescreen. There are some nice folder icons in there too. Anyone?
    I might be that some newer BBs allow folder creation - I don't know since my only experience is with my Pearl. However, I noticed that some themes, such as T-Mobile Zen, use similar icons as the ones found in the "folder icons". I am referring to the IM icon.

Again, I don't know if this is the real reason for the folder but I just wanted to share this with you hopping that it helps.

sharky77uk no está en línea Stack level 2

Does anybody know how to turn PTT off. Ever since the upgrade, it seems that PTT runs at all times. The TIM upgrade did not have this. I dont think PTT takes a lot of memory but I still would like to turn it off since I dont use it.