Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

It's not even listed. No wonder I can't find it. LOL The only one there ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: YAY New OS - Rogers 4.2.1.94

Advertisement

It's not even listed. No wonder I can't find it. LOL The only one there is for TMobile US.

fjl1977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0A975

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok guys. I'm a noob at this stuff. How do I unlock all the vendor themes or whatever for my 8100? Thanks in advance.

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B

Has anyone found anything else wrong with new os yet? Can't upgrade till tomorrow! I hate being away from pc overnite lol!

Quote Originally Posted by fjl1977
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok guys. I'm a noob at this stuff. How do I unlock all the vendor themes or whatever for my 8100? Thanks in advance.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...apers/3152.htm

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

I finally got it download. The only issue I had was it was taking forever to unlock the phone. I have the autolock feature enable. I waited 5 mins before I decided to just do a battery pull, after that everything seem to go smoothly. Also when I was trying to connect to Jive Talk I would get a tunnel error, so I made sure my APN settings were set, which it wasn't. I just put back the wap.voicestream.com and bam up and going. Everything seems to be working properly. Thanks for the great instructions.

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

Question: I am with Cingular and I am runnin their latest OS. If I upgrade to the Rogers OS will I have to manually re-enter internet settings?

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    In the pre-loaded media, there is a folder called "folder icons". Has anyone figured out what to do with them? I thought you could use them to make new folders, but doesn't give any options other than set as homescreen. There are some nice folder icons in there too. Anyone?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    In the pre-loaded media, there is a folder called "folder icons". Has anyone figured out what to do with them? I thought you could use them to make new folders, but doesn't give any options other than set as homescreen. There are some nice folder icons in there too. Anyone?
    On the 8300 I guess you can make a folder on the homescreen and put stuff in it. It was in the OS walkthrough about a month or two back on boygeniusreport. It looked cool, not sure it they will let the pearl do the same thing. Maybe when the 8300 actually comes out we will get the option. who knows.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

I tried using the bb as a modem to connect my laptop to the internet after installing the new OS and i'm unable to. I keep getting the error: Error 692 There was a hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device). None of my settings on my computer were changed. I was using this feature on the TIM .66 ver w/o any issues. Has anyone come across this? Could someone pls try and give me any solutions.

casewicked no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anyone know if the Zen list will stay with this one or will it go to the icons again? I did the .66 update and then did the .cod javaload to the zen list and everything was a mess...

fsanjaya no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The multitap was hard to use (at least for me). And I can't sync thru bluetooth. After I changed my os back to cingular 0.73, I forgot how I did it first time. ...my OS was frozen a couple of time when I was using mini opera. But it was a pretty good OS. But I prefer cingular's

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it isn't possible to sync via BlueTooth yet. Reboot your BB (take battery out, hold power button down and wait for 30 seconds, then put the battery back in) and it should run faster.

boum.01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Does someone now how to reactivate the bb maps application. seems to be in the distribution of the 4.2.1.94 but not activated. it was not the case whith the .66 from TIM

firepiper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24133d85

holy ducking snit!!! this thing is flying compared to what it used to do !!!!
    video works great , websites load super fast, music works good ....no complaints here!
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!

cynox no está en línea Stack level 1

is this upgrade only for "Rogers Wireless Inc" Customers like written on the blackberry download page or can anyone (like me a a1 (part of vodafone) customer from austria) use this upgrade?

And whats about personal settings or carrier settings (like settings for the gprs connection, wap, rim services, etc.)? Will they be lost with this upgrade or can i keep them?

And one final question: i make backups of my blackberry using the bb desktop software. does these backups also include the os/firmware? so if i try this upgrade and it's not what i expected, can i use one of my backups to get all my previous settings back?

thank you very much and best wishes from vienna,
    andreas